Subject: [MBONED] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: AAA and Admission Control Framework for Multicasting
	Author(s)	: C. Jacquenet, T. Hayashi, H. He, H. Satou
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-08.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2009-1-28
	
IP multicast-based services, such as TV broadcasting or 
   videoconferencing raise the issue of making sure that 
   potential customers are fully entitled to access the 
   corresponding contents. There is indeed a need for service 
   and content providers to identify users (if not 
   authenticate, especially within the context of enforcing 
   electronic payment schemes) and to retrieve statistical 
   information for accounting purposes, as far as content and 
   network usage are concerned. This memo describes the 
   framework for specifying the Authorization, Authentication 
   and Accounting (AAA) capabilities that could be activated 
   within the context of the deployment and the operation of 
   IP multicast-based services.  This framework addresses the 
   requirements presented in "Requirements for Accounting, 
   Authentication and Authorization in Well Managed IP 
   Multicasting Services" [I-D.mboned-maccnt-req]. The memo 
   provides a basic AAA enabled model as well as an extended 
   fully enabled model with resource and admission control 
   coordination.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned