Subject: [MBONED] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mboned-rfc3171bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IANA Guidelines for IPv4 Multicast Address Assignments
	Author(s)       : M. Cotton, D. Meyer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-rfc3171bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-02-03

This document provides guidance for the Internet Assigned Numbers
Authority (IANA) in assigning IPv4 multicast addresses.  It obsoletes
RFC 3171 and RFC 3138.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-rfc3171bis-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:21:47 -0500

I would like to start the Working Group Last Call on the below  
document, to close at
February 20, 2008 at Midnight, UTC (or 7:00 PM EST Thursday, February  
19th).

Please address issues, comments and concerns to the MBONED working  
group list.

Regards
Marshall

On Feb 3, 2009, at 3:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> <mime-attachment>_______________________________________________
> MBONED mailing list
> [email-masked]

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:34:07 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> I would like to start the Working Group Last Call on the below document, to 
> close at
> February 20, 2008 at Midnight, UTC (or 7:00 PM EST Thursday, February 19th).
>
> Please address issues, comments and concerns to the MBONED working group 
> list.

There are issues raised on the mailing list that have not been (AFAIK) 
been addressed, and until that has been done, I believe WGLC is 
premature.

Thread "Fwd: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cotton-v4mcast-guideline 
s-00.txt" starting on Feb 2008:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mboned/current/msg00501.html

(At least, I have not seen discussion of creating a "Local Network 
Application Block" and redirecting assignments there.)

My review with Subject "draft-cotton-v4mcast-guidelines-00.txt" on Apr 
2008:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mboned/current/msg00553.html

FWIW, my background to this is being the editor of 
draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch document which is still asleep(for about 
two years now)  pending the completion of this and v4-unicast-based 
drafts.

For a discussion thread that's highly relevant here as well, take a 
look at "addrarch: IANA assignment policies and eGLOP" from Jan 2007.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mboned/current/msg00062.html

Of these, the only one relevant anymore (for this document) is 2).