Subject: [MBONED] draft-atwood-mcast-user-auth

From: Bill Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:02:10 -0500

Hello,

draft-atwood-mcast-user-auth is an individual submission, which responds
to part of the requirements specified in draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req
and draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework.  As such, we believe that it
will be of interest to the MBONED working group members.

Any comments will be welcome.

  Bill and Salekul

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast User Authentication
	Author(s)       : W. Atwood, S. Islam
	Filename        : draft-atwood-mcast-user-auth-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-03-04

RFC 1112 offers no facilities for participant control or accounting.
This document explores the requirements for such facilities, and
offers a potential solution, based on extending the IGMP and MLD
"join" operations to carry EAP and/or ERP packets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atwood-mcast-user-auth-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

-- 

Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email: [email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http: //users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8