Subject: [MBONED] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 05:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Overview of the Internet Multicast Addressing Architecture
	Author(s)       : P. Savola
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2009-08-03

The lack of up-to-date documentation on IP multicast address
allocation and assignment procedures has caused a great deal of
confusion.  To clarify the situation, this memo describes the
allocation and assignment techniques and mechanisms currently (as of
this writing) in use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:23:27 +0300 (EEST)

> 	Title           : Overview of the Internet Multicast Addressing Architecture
...
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-06.txt

For a diff to previous version, see:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-06

I tasked myself with revising this after a hiatus.  I welcome comments 
on this version, especially:

  - text on IANA policies have been mostly removed, there's still some 
in "future work" section
  - the document is now informational instead of BCP (routingarch 
document was also downgraded to Informational so I guessed that would 
be appropriate for this also)
  - general review that it's still accurate

Lacking comments, the draft should be ready when 3171bis and 
ipv4-uni-based-multicast drafts are ready.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings