Subject: [MBONED] Review of multicast documents in multimob

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:13:57 -0700

Hi

The multimob working group has just been created. The group is concerned
with multicast mobility and it's important that we get people with
multicast expertise involved in this work, or at least to review the
documents.

For the charter, please see
http://www.ietf.org/dyn/wg/charter/multimob-charter.html

The main topics now are tuning of IGMP/MLD for mobility and how to do
multicast in PMIPv6. Note that currently any solutions that require
protocol changes are excluded.

There are a number of documents related to multimob, but the documents
that perhaps are of particular interest for now are:

IGMP and MLD Optimization for Mobile Hosts and Routers:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asaeda-multimob-igmp-mld-optimization-00.txt

and then the multicast PMIPv6 drafts:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-krishnan-multimob-pmip6basicmcast-solution-00.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-sijeon-multimob-mms-pmip6-00.txt

So if you are interested, please have a look at these documents and send
any comments you might have to [email-masked].

It's of course also great if you join the multimob mailing list and come
to the wg meetings.

Stig