Subject: [MBONED] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 02:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mtrace Version 2: Traceroute Facility for IP Multicast
	Author(s)       : H. Asaeda, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-05.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2009-10-26

This document describes the IP multicast traceroute facility.  Unlike
unicast traceroute, multicast traceroute requires special
implementations on the part of routers.  This specification describes
the required functionality in multicast routers, as well as how
management applications can use the router functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Hitoshi Asaeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:05:31 +0900 (JST)

Hello folks,

I've updated the mtrace2 draft.

The changes can be checked with;

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-05.txt

In summary,

1. Sect.6.8 and 6.9
   "Rtg Protocol" and "Multicast Rtg Protocol" fields defined in
   IPv4/v6 Mtrace2 Standard Response Block

   One of the open issues we had not closely discussed until the last
   IETF meeting is about the field to specify "the routing protocol or
   configuration the router receiving mtrace2 request uses".
   In the last meeting, there were discussions and comments for this
   supported protocols field. According to the comments, we decided
   that using the stantard MIB values is nicer to express the routing
   information, and hence changed the spec of the "Rtg Protocol" field
   and newly added the "Multicast Rtg Protocol" field.
   In these fields, the same values as ipMcastRouteRtProtocol and
   ipMcastRouteProtocol values from the standard MIB values should be
   inserted.

2. Sect.9.2.1
   "Packet Verification" field to verify neighbor routers

   In the last meeting, there was a comment that the method to verify
   neighbor (adjacent) routers should be clearly mentioned. Regarding
   this point, we added the following sentense in sect.9.2.1:

   "It is highly RECOMMENDED for the router to use GTSM [RFC5082] to
   determine whether the host or router is adjacent or not."

If you have comments for this draft, please tell us.

To WG chairs,

I'd like to ask a presentation slot for this draft.
10 min would be fine.

Thank you.

Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda

From: [email-masked]
Subject: [MBONED] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-05.txt
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 02:45:02 -0700 (PDT)