Subject: [MBONED] Protocol Action: 'Lightweight IGMPv3 and MLDv2 Protocols' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:38:27 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Lightweight IGMPv3 and MLDv2 Protocols '
   <draft-ietf-mboned-lightweight-igmpv3-mldv2-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ron Bonica and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-lightweight-igmpv3-mldv2-06.txt

Technical Summary

    This document describes lightweight IGMPv3 and MLDv2 protocols (LW-
    IGMPv3 and LW-MLDv2), which simplify the standard (full) versions of
    IGMPv3 and MLDv2.  The interoperability with the full versions and
    the previous versions of IGMP and MLD is also taken into account.

Working Group Summary

    This draft has received strong support within the working group and
    no major controversies were noted.

Document Quality

    Multiple implementations of this specification exist.  A number of
    other vendors have indicated interest/plans to support this
    specification.  Bharat Joshi provided the most extensive comments
    and questions for the document.  Authors addressed the questions and
    concerns in the document.  Otherwise, mailing list traffic regarding
    this specification has been minimal.  There has been extensive
    comments on this proposal during the working group meetings.

Personnel

    Lenny Giuliano is the Document Shepherd, Ron Bonica is the
    Responsible Area Director.