Subject: [MBONED] RFC 5790 on Lightweight Internet Group Management Protocol Version 3 (IGMPv3) and Multicast Listener Discovery Version 2 (MLDv2) Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:53:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5790

        Title:      Lightweight Internet Group Management Protocol 
                    Version 3 (IGMPv3) and Multicast Listener 
                    Discovery Version 2 (MLDv2) Protocols 
        Author:     H. Liu, W. Cao,
                    H. Asaeda
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 39394
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-lightweight-igmpv3-mldv2-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5790.txt

This document describes lightweight IGMPv3 and MLDv2 protocols (LW-
IGMPv3 and LW-MLDv2), which simplify the standard (full) versions of
IGMPv3 and MLDv2.  The interoperability with the full versions and
the previous versions of IGMP and MLD is also taken into account.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC