Subject: [MBONED] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 23:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Multicast AAA coordinated between Content Provider(s) and Network Service Provider(s)
	Author(s)       : T. Hayashi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-09.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-03-04

This memo presents requirements in the area of accounting and access
control for IP multicasting.  The scope of the requirements is
limited to cases where Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
(AAA) functions are coordinated between Content Provider(s) and
Network Service Provider(s).

In order to describe the new requirements of a multi-entity Content
Delivery Service(CDS) using multicast, the memo presents three basic
business models: 1) the Content Provider and the Network Provider are
the same entity, 2) the Content Provider(s) and the Network
Provider(s) are separate entities and users are not directly billed,
and 3) the Content Provider(s) and the Network Provider(s) are
separate entities and users are billed based on content consumption
or subscriptions.  The requirements of these three models are listed
and evaluated as to which aspects are already supported by existing
technologies and which aspects are not.

General requirements for accounting and admission control
capabilities including quality-of-service (QoS) related issues are
listed and the constituent logical functional components are
presented.

This memo assumes that the capabilities can be realized by
integrating AAA functionalities with a multicast CDS system, with
IGMP/MLD at the edge of the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.