Subject: [MBONED] BCP 51, RFC 5771 on IANA Guidelines for IPv4 Multicast Address Assignments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:11:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 51        
        RFC 5771

        Title:      IANA Guidelines for IPv4 Multicast 
                    Address Assignments 
        Author:     M. Cotton, L. Vegoda,
                    D. Meyer
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22239
        Obsoletes:  RFC3138, RFC3171
        Updates:    RFC2780
        See Also:   BCP0051

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-rfc3171bis-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5771.txt

This document provides guidance for the Internet Assigned Numbers
Authority (IANA) in assigning IPv4 multicast addresses.  It obsoletes
RFC 3171 and RFC 3138 and updates RFC 2780.  This memo documents an 
Internet Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC