Subject: [MBONED] RFC 6034 on Unicast-Prefix-Based IPv4 Multicast Addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:36:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6034

        Title:      Unicast-Prefix-Based IPv4 Multicast Addresses 
        Author:     D. Thaler
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 11140
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-ipv4-uni-based-mcast-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6034.txt

This specification defines an extension to the multicast addressing
architecture of the IP Version 4 protocol.  The extension presented
in this document allows for unicast-prefix-based assignment of
multicast addresses.  By delegating multicast addresses at the same
time as unicast prefixes, network operators will be able to identify
their multicast addresses without needing to run an inter-domain
allocation protocol.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC