Subject: [MBONED] Relay Anycast

From: "SAYKO, ROBERT J (ATTSI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:50:06 -0400

At AT&T base on our experience,  testing and investigation we would like
to present the following recommendation as an addition to the
"Automatic IP Multicast Without Explicit Tunnels
(AMT)draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-10"

Problem:
- Current AMT Draft has specific guideline for determining Relay anycast
which is too restrictive:
	>Setting the low-order octet of the AMT Relay Anycast Prefix to
1

Recommendation:
- Allow AMT Relay anycast to be any host address
- AMT GW could be hard-coded with the Anycast address or could
dynamically determine it (e.g. a DNS lookup) 

Robert Sayko
AT&T Labs
732-420-3292
[email-masked]