Subject: Re: [MBONED] [multrans] How does the receiver initially acquire the <Source, Group> address pair?

From: Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 11:45:51 -0700

Thank you, Tom.
Your question is valid. I also want to get the verification from multicast
expertise.
Again, may I invite the interested experts from PIM and MBONED to subscribe
to multrans mailing list?

The current version of problem statement talks about dual stack source. In
my mind, we also need to consider dual stack network, since it is the most
possible case for some operators.

We keep our promises with one another - no matter what!

Best Regards,
Tina TSOU
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Tom Taylor
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 11:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [multrans] How does the receiver initially acquire the <Source,
Group> address pair?

I am thinking of the IPTV case.

I need help in understanding how receiver address acquisition works in 
the absence of v4/v6 transition issues. I assume the receiver gets the 
address pair from some sort of signalling exchange with a network node 
(please verify), but would this node be located in the core network 
serving the receiver or hang off the backbone network beyond that (which 
is where I assume the sources lie)?

Of course, in some cases the addresses could be configured by management 
action.

Tom Taylor
_______________________________________________
multrans mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multrans