Subject: [MBONED] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mboned-ssmping-08.txt> (Multicast Ping Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:51:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the MBONE Deployment WG (mboned) to
consider the following document:
- 'Multicast Ping Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-mboned-ssmping-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

The Multicast Ping Protocol specified in this document allows for
checking whether an endpoint can receive multicast, both Source-
Specific Multicast (SSM) and Any-Source Multicast (ASM).  It can also
be used to obtain additional multicast-related information such as
multicast tree setup time.  This protocol is based on an
implementation of tools called ssmping and asmping.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-ssmping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-ssmping/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.