Subject: [MBONED] RFC 6308 on Overview of the Internet Multicast Addressing Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:44:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6308

        Title:      Overview of the Internet Multicast 
                    Addressing Architecture 
        Author:     P. Savola
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30988
        Obsoletes:  RFC2908

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6308.txt

The lack of up-to-date documentation on IP multicast address
allocation and assignment procedures has caused a great deal of
confusion.  To clarify the situation, this memo describes the
allocation and assignment techniques and mechanisms currently (as of
this writing) in use.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC