Subject: [MBONED] Fwd: Nomcom 2011-12: Call for Volunteers (fwd)

From: Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:27:46 -0700

FYI...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:22:33 +0200
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Fwd: Nomcom 2011-12: Call for Volunteers

Hi,

Please forward this message to your WG mail lists with the
recommendation that as many participants as possible volunteer to
participate in this key IETF activity.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Nomcom 2011-12: Call for Volunteers
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:56:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>

The IETF nominating committee process for 2011-12 has begun. The IETF
nominating committee appoints folks to fill the open slots on the
IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG. The 10 nominating committee members are
selected randomly from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the
better the chance we have of choosing a random yet representative
cross section of the IETF population.  The details of the nomcom
process can be found in RFC 3777.

To be eligible, volunteers for the nomcom need to have attended 3 of
the past 5 IETF meetings as of the time this announcement goes out
(i.e. IETF76-IETF80). If you qualify, and are not seeking appointment
to any of the open positions this nomcom will be filling, please
consider volunteering.

The list of people and posts whose terms end with the March 2012 IETF
meeting, and thus the positions for which the nominating committee is
responsible, are as follows:

IAB
===

Bernard Aboba
Hannes Tschofenig
Andrei Robachevsky
Olaf Kolkman
Spencer Dawkins
Ross Callon

IAOC
====

Marshall Eubanks

IESG
====

Peter Saint-Andre (Applications)
Jari Arkko (Internet)
Dan Romascanu (Operations & Management)
Gonzalo Camarillo (RAI)
Stewart Bryant (Routing)
Sean Turner (Security)
David Harrington (Transport)

The primary activity for this nomcom will begin during IETF-81 in
Quebec City and should be completed by January 2012. The nomcom will
be collecting requirements from the community, as well as talking to
candidates and to community members about candidates. There will be
regularly scheduled conference calls to ensure progress. Thus, being a
nomcom member does require some time commitment.

Please volunteer by sending an email to me before
11:59 pm EDT July 10, 2011 as follows:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2011-12 Volunteer

Please include the following information in the body of the mail:

Full Name:  // As you enter in the IETF Registration Form,
              // First/Given name followed by Last/Family Name

Current Primary Affiliation: // typically what goes in the Company
                               // field in the IETF Registration Form

Email Address(es): // all email addresses used to Register for the
                     // past 5 IETF meetings
 		   // Please designate a Preferred email address for
                     // contact if there is more than one email address

Telephone number:  // With country code (for confirmation if selected)

Please expect an email response from me within 3 business days stating
whether or not you are qualified.  If you do not receive a response in
this timeframe, please re-send your email with the tag "RESEND:" added
to the subject line.

If you are not yet sure you would like to volunteer, please consider
that nomcom members play a very important role in shaping the
leadership of the IETF.  Ensuring the leadership of the IETF is fair
and balanced and comprised of those who can lead the IETF in the right
direction is an important responsibility that rests on the IETF
participants at large. Volunteering for the nomcom is a good way of
contributing in that direction.

I will be publishing a more detailed target timetable, as well as
details of the randomness seeds to be used for the RFC 3797 selection
process within the next few days.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Suresh Krishnan
Nomcom Chair 2011-2012
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce