Subject: [MBONED] Draft agenda v1.1 for multicast transition interim

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 03:59:01 +0000

Dear all,
It is proposed to hold the multicast transition interim meeting as a series of short meetings. Timing of individual meetings may be set to spread inconvenient hours around the globe. The objective of these meetings is to achieve technical progress in the indicated topics. Here is the proposed agenda:

1. Use Cases (1 hour)

Ensure we are all clear on what use cases will be in scope.

2. Multicast address discovery by the receiver (2 hours)

How does the receiver learn the multicast addresses corresponding to specific programs, in the IP version that the receiver understands?

3. Multicast address translation (2 hours)

Stateless translation between IPv4 and IPv6 addresses should get 
priority in this discussion, but we may go on to the broader topic if 
there appears to be a need.

4. Specification of an adaptation function between the receiver and the network (2 hours)

In cases where the receiver and the multicast-enabled network to which 
it is attached support different IP versions, an adaptation function 
(AF) is required between them. What are the requirements on that AF for 
the handling of multicast signalling and the handling of multicast content?

5. Specification of an adaptation function between two networks (2 hours)

In cases where two adjacent multicast-enabled networks support different 
IP versions, another type of adaptation function is needed. What are the 
requirements on that AF for the handling of multicast signalling and the 
handling of multicast content?

Comments on this draft agenda are invited.

Tina

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 20:03:41 -0800

> Comments on this draft agenda are invited.

Looks quite good. Multiple short meetings seems like a good idea.

Stig
>
> Tina
> _______________________________________________
> multrans mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multrans