Subject: [MBONED] RFC 6450 on Multicast Ping Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:08:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6450

        Title:      Multicast Ping Protocol 
        Author:     S. Venaas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 59420
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-ssmping-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6450.txt

The Multicast Ping Protocol specified in this document allows for
checking whether an endpoint can receive multicast -- both
Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) and Any-Source Multicast (ASM).
It can also be used to obtain additional multicast-related
information, such as multicast tree setup time.  This protocol is
based on an implementation of tools called "ssmping" and "asmping". 
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC