Subject: [MBONED] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:53:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Automatic Multicast Tunneling
	Author(s)       : Gregory Bumgardner
                          Thomas Morin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-12.txt
	Pages           : 84
	Date            : 2012-02-16

   This document describes Automatic Multicast Tunneling (AMT), a
   protocol for delivering multicast traffic from sources in a
   multicast-enabled network to receivers that lack multicast
   connectivity to the source network.  The protocol uses UDP
   encapsulation and unicast replication to provide this functionality.

   The AMT protocol is specifically designed to support rapid deployment
   by requiring minimal changes to existing network infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-12.txt

---

From: Greg Bumgardner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:14:54 -0800

All,

The AMT draft has undergone a significant reorganization and rewrite 
between v11 and v12.

Major changes in the document structure and text were made to bring the 
document into conformance with RFC editor guidelines and current 
practice. A significant amount of informative text has been added to 
provide a more complete description of the protocol as an aid to those 
implementing the protocol. Informative and normative descriptions have 
been divided into separate sections. Minor changes have been made to the 
protocol that should not affect existing implementations, primarily 
involving the addition of some bit flags.

I believe this version of the document brings us much closer to 
publishing the document as an RFC. If you have comments or suggestions 
regarding v12, please post these ASAP to allow time for discussion and 
possible update prior to the submission cut-off date for IETF 83.

I would like to thank the folks at Juniper, Cisco and AT&T who 
participated in the pre-submission review of this document.

Thanks,

-g.b.

On 2/16/2012 12:53 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> MBONED mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned
>

---

From: Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:58:46 -0800

*,

This version of the AMT draft has been reviewed by a number of
developers who've been working on AMT code and deployment so I believe
it may be ready for WGLC. Please read and review soon and feedback to
the list any issues or your support for WGLC. We may actually see this
move forward!

Thanks,
Greg

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Greg Bumgardner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  All,
>
> The AMT draft has undergone a significant reorganization and rewrite between
> v11 and v12.
>
> document into conformance with RFC editor guidelines and current practice. A
> significant amount of informative text has been added to provide a more
> complete description of the protocol as an aid to those implementing the
> protocol. Informative and normative descriptions have been divided into
> separate sections. Minor changes have been made to the protocol that should
> not affect existing implementations, primarily involving the addition of
> some bit flags.
>
> I believe this version of the document brings us much closer to publishing
> the document as an RFC. If you have comments or suggestions regarding v12,
> please post these ASAP to allow time for discussion and possible update
> prior to the submission cut-off date for IETF 83.
>
> I would like to thank the folks at Juniper, Cisco and AT&T who participated
> in the pre-submission review of this document.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -g.b.
>
>
>
>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>> directories. This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group
>> of the IETF.
>>