Subject: [MBONED] RFC 6676 on Multicast Addresses for Documentation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:16:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6676

        Title:      Multicast Addresses for Documentation 
        Author:     S. Venaas, R. Parekh,
                    G. Van de Velde, T. Chown,
                    M. Eubanks
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14100
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-mcaddrdoc-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6676.txt

This document discusses which multicast addresses should be used for
documentation purposes and reserves multicast addresses for such use.
Some multicast addresses are derived from AS numbers or unicast
addresses.  This document also explains how these can be used for
documentation purposes.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC