Subject: [MBONED] updated charter text

From: Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 13:24:01 -0700

Based on feedback from the list and the meeting in Vancouver, below is the 
proposed text for the updated charter.  Please send comments by Sept 20.

Thanks,
MBONED Chairs

****

The MBONE Deployment Working Group is a forum for coordinating
the deployment, engineering, and operation of multicast routing
protocols and procedures in the global Internet. This activity will
include, but not be limited to:

- Documenting deployment of multicast routing in the global Internet.

- Receive regular reports on the current state of the deployment of
multicast technology. Create "practice and experience" documents that
capture the experience of those who have deployed and are deploying
various multicast technologies.

- Based on reports and other information, provide feedback to other
relevant working groups.

- Develop mechanisms and procedures for sharing operational
information to aid in operation of the multicast backbones and
interconnects.

- Analyze the need for IPv4 - IPv6 multicast transition solutions

- Develop tools and protocols that assist in multicast administration, 
diagnostics, troubleshooting and deployment between/within native and 
non-native environments. While development of routing and group membership 
protocols is out of scope, this working group may develop requirements and 
assist in review and feedback of documents in other working groups 
responsible for such protocols.

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 09:56:32 -0700

On 9/6/2012 1:24 PM, Leonard Giuliano wrote:
>
> Based on feedback from the list and the meeting in Vancouver, below is
> the proposed text for the updated charter.  Please send comments by Sept
> 20.

Looks good to me.

Stig

> non-native environments. While development of routing and group
> membership protocols is out of scope, this working group may develop
> requirements and assist in review and feedback of documents in other
> working groups responsible for such protocols.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MBONED mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 21:17:20 +0100

>> the proposed text for the updated charter.  Please send comments by Sept

Likewise.

Tim