Subject: [MBONED] FW: adoption call for draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control

From: "BOINEPALLY, KRISHNA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:38:56 +0000

Yes.

Regards,
Krishna Boinepally
C: 732-737-5718

Date:    Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:08:42 -0800
From:    Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
To:      MBONED WG <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [MBONED] adoption call for draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control

Multicast Geo-Distribution Control
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control/)
was presented in MBONED at IETF 88 (Vancouver) as well as IETF 83 (Paris).
The authors are requesting adoption of this draft as a WG document in
MBONED.  Please respond by Jan 29 if you do/do not support adoption of
this draft.  For more background on this draft, please see:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mboned/current/msg01884.html

If you are listed as a document author or contributor please respond to
this email whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR.

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned

------- End of Forwarded Message

---

From: "BADAT, QASSIM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 07:47:51 +0000

[BADAT, QASSIM (ATTLABS)] -----YES, I SUPPORT THIS DRAFT
[BADAT, QASSIM (ATTLABS)]
Date:    Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:08:42 -0800
From:    Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
To:      MBONED WG <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [MBONED] adoption call for draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control

---

From: "ASIF, SAUD" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:08:43 +0000

Yes I support it.

Saud
*****************

---

From: "ASIF, SAUD" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:20:01 +0000

Yes I support it.

Saud
*****************

---

From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 22:12:48 +0000

I also support this, although I feel obliged to point to this short sentence, concerning subscribers who are or are not permitted to receive a given content.

"However, this document assumes that this grouping is done consistently by both the content provider and the ISP(s) that the content provider uses for delivering its content."

While this one sentence opens up all sorts of nefarious non-neutral Internet possibilities, I'm going to propose that there may be legitimate reasons for the content owner and the ISP to NOT agree. In particular, "parental controls." Seems to me that the ISP would possibly be a better repository of parental control filtering instructions than each individual content owner.

Bert

From: MBONED [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of BOINEPALLY, KRISHNA
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:39 AM
To: Leonard Giuliano; MBONED WG
Subject: [MBONED] FW: adoption call for draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control

Yes.

Regards,
Krishna Boinepally
C: 732-737-5718

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:30:13 -0500

[As a note to the WG, I'll be spinning new text on this draft in the next day
or so in order to address the comments received during Vancouver.
Primarily, too much of the use case was placed in the MDCS/MDRS documents
leaving this document a bit hard to follow.]

Bert,

> While this one sentence opens up all sorts of nefarious non-neutral Internet possibilities, I'm going to propose that there may be legitimate reasons for the content owner and the ISP to NOT agree.…

Just to briefly comment on the "nefariousness" of the feature, the
mechanisms involved don't make it any more or less possible for a service
provider to do filtering of what is delivered to an end-user.  It simply
makes it easier than having a mechanism that hits the CLI either of provider
managed CPE or the PE delivery device.

Arguably, like flowspec in general, it at least pushes visibility of such
filtering into the routing system.

-- Jeff

---

From: "JENG, HUAJIN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:02:03 +0000

Leny,

No, I am not aware of any relevant IPR.

Huajin
----------------

> From:    Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>
> To:      MBONED WG <[email-masked]>
> [email-masked]