Subject: [MBONED] [[email-masked]: I-D Action: draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control-04.txt]

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 16:19:16 -0500

Hopefully this update addresses the concerns raised at the prior IETF.
Changes include:

Pulling in a summary of the MDCS/MDRS mechanisms.
Verbatim copy/paste of the route target configuration example from MDCS.

We're looking forward to further comments on this draft.  In particular,
Stig, we'd like to know if your concerns have been addressed.

-- Jeff

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:03:40 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast Geo-Distribution Control
        Authors         : Huajin Jeng
                          Jeffrey Haas
                          Yakov Rekhter
                          Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang
	Filename        : draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-02-05

Abstract:
   Consider a content provider that wants to deliver a particular
   content to a set of customers/subscribers, where the provider and the
   subscribers are connected by an IP service provider.  This document
   covers two areas needed to accomplish this:

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-control-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:59:01 -0800

Jeff,

Will you be able to present your updates in London at the WG meeting?

Greg

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> MBONED mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned
>

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:23:21 -0500

Greg,

> Will you be able to present your updates in London at the WG meeting?

Unfortunately there's a conflict in SIDR that I really should respect, but
if necessary I can probably step out in order to do a presentation.
I can also check with Jeffrey Zhang to see if he may be available.

In the interest of preserving the WG's time, the update mostly was to
address Stig's comments that not enough of the detail from the original
draft-rekhter-geo-distribution draft had survived prior to refactoring into
the component drafts.  What hopefully remains in the draft in mboned is the
core use-case.  Since no actual content was intended to change between the
originally proposed draft-rekhter-geo-distribution-00 and the three drafts
that we split it into, I'm not clear what the WG may be interested to see in
an update.

My sincere hope is that we're to the point of proceeding through this work
at the document edits level, which can happen on the mailing list.

If we're not to that point, and you believe it's of benefit to discuss and
refine the use cases before the WG, I'll make it a point to find the time.

-- Jeff