Subject: Re: [MBONED] Adoption of draft-singer-appsawg-mcast-url

From: William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 11:43:40 -0400

I support the adoption of this draft.

One of the problems that multicast has had (in my opinion) is that we
have had no multicast-enabled customers because we have had no
multicast-enabled routing.  The indirection provided by this scheme
seems to me to have potential to be an enabler: If lots of customers ask
for a multicast transmission, and get re-directed to the equivalent
unicast, and if NSPs count the number of such re-directions and realize
that they could lower their costs by using multicast flow, then the NSPs
could be motivated to install (or enable) the necessary multicast routing.

This may not be the critical enabler that Lenny was talking about, but
(in my opinion) it could be a key piece.  Everything seems to be going
via port 80 these days...  :-)

  Bill

On 08/04/2015 9:23 AM, Leonard Giuliano wrote:
> 
> URLs and HTTP Response Forms for Multicast
> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-singer-appsawg-mcast-url-00) was
> presented in MBONED at IETF 92 (Dallas). The authors are requesting
> official adoption of this draft as a WG document in MBONED (in the
> meeting, ~7-8 people supported adopting this draft as a WG document,
> none opposed).
> 
> Please respond by Apr 22 if you do/do not support adoption of this draft.
> 
> If you are listed as a document author, please respond to this email
> whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR.  If you are not listed
> as an author and are aware of any relevant IPR, please respond as well.
> 
> 
> -Lenny and Greg
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MBONED mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned

-- 
Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8