Subject: [MBONED] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-21.txt> (Mtrace Version 2: Traceroute Facility for IP Multicast) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:58:21 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the MBONE Deployment WG (mboned) to
consider the following document: - 'Mtrace Version 2: Traceroute Facility for
IP Multicast'
  <draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-21.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-11-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the IP multicast traceroute facility, named
   Mtrace version 2 (Mtrace2).  Unlike unicast traceroute, Mtrace2
   requires special implementations on the part of routers.  This
   specification describes the required functionality in multicast
   routers, as well as how an Mtrace2 client invokes a query and
   receives a reply.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.