Subject: [MBONED] Protocol Action: 'Use of Multicast Across Inter-Domain Peering Points' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-mboned-interdomain-peering-bcp-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 01:24:05 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use of Multicast Across Inter-Domain Peering Points'
  (draft-ietf-mboned-interdomain-peering-bcp-14.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-interdomain-peering-bcp/

Technical Summary

   This document describes best practice for setup and configuration of 
   inter-domain multicast peering, between different administrative domains,
   for a set of use cases. It focuses on source-specific multicast (SSM).

Working Group Summary

   There is strong consensus in the WG for publication of this document.

Document Quality

   The document is generally well written. It is lengthy, and probably 
   could be streamlined, but having reached consensus on the current text, 
   it would seem better to publish as is than delay publication further 
   while the text is abbreviated. During the evolution of the document, 
   good discussion was held on a number of points in the document, and 
   a number of changes made as a result, e.g., the focus on SSM.

   Contributions to this document were made by multiple mboned WG members 
   and from multiple vendors.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Tim Chown
   RAD: Warren Kumari