Subject: [MBONED] BCP 213, RFC 8313 on Use of Multicast across Inter-domain Peering Points

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:54:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 213        
        RFC 8313

        Title:      Use of Multicast across Inter-domain 
                    Peering Points 
        Author:     P. Tarapore, Ed.,
                    R. Sayko, 
                    G. Shepherd,
                    T. Eckert, Ed.,
                    R. Krishnan
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 98809
        See Also:   BCP 213

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-interdomain-peering-bcp-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8313

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8313

This document examines the use of Source-Specific Multicast (SSM)
across inter-domain peering points for a specified set of deployment
scenarios.  The objectives are to (1) describe the setup process for
multicast-based delivery across administrative domains for these
scenarios and (2) document supporting functionality to enable this
process.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC