Subject: [MBONED] call for MBONED agenda items in Montreal

From: Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 10:45:59 -0700

We are currently scheduled for MBONED for 3:50PM on Thurs, once again 
back-to-back right after and in the same room as PIM.

If you have something you'd like to present, please let the chairs know
what the draft name is and how much time you would like.

-Lenny and Greg

---

From: "Holland, Jake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:52:04 +0000

Hi Lenny,

I don't think I have much to say in the way of a draft update, but if
there's interest I would do a hackathon report if I can have 15 minutes
or so.

I'll be working with the taps team to integrate the multicast receive
library I've been working on into the taps implementation.  It doesn't
yet, but ultimately I'm hoping it'll have AMT gateway support with
automatic relay discovery, and also hopefully bolt on ALTA/AMBI support
with minimal user involvement.

https://github.com/GrumpyOldTroll/libmcrx
https://github.com/fg-inet/python-asyncio-taps

I may also be able to fit in a few words about an experimental Javascript
API running in Chromium that uses the same receive library underneath.

I have an early "barely running" version.  I expect there will be a bit
more to do before it's ready to try to upstream or standardize, so I'll
be looking for feedback to make that go as smoothly as possible, and doing
some side work on it with anybody who's willing and able.

As I mentioned last time, I expect it will ultimately rely on the ALTA
and AMBI work (or a better counter-proposal) before I'm willing to
recommend rolling it out broadly, but I think it would be a big step
forward for multicast-capable receiver distribution if there was
reasonable browser support integrated, so I thought it might be of
interest too.

Best,
Jake

On 2019-07-01, 10:46, "Leonard Giuliano" <lenny=[email-masked]> wrote:

    -Lenny and Greg
    
    _______________________________________________
    MBONED mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned