Subject: [MBONED] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-09.txt> (Multicast Considerations over IEEE 802 Wireless Media) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 05:46:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the MBONE Deployment WG (mboned) to
consider the following document: - 'Multicast Considerations over IEEE 802
Wireless Media'
  <draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-10-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Well-known issues with multicast have prevented the deployment of
   multicast in 802.11 and other local-area wireless environments.  This
   document offers guidance on known limitations and problems with
   wireless Layer-2 multicast.  Also described are certain multicast
   enhancement features that have been specified by the IETF and by IEEE
   802 for wireless media, as well as some operational choices that can
   be taken to improve the performance of the network.  Finally, some
   recommendations are provided about the usage and combination of these
   features and operational choices.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.