Subject: [MBONED] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery-11

From: Daniel Franke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:49:42 -0800

Reviewer: Daniel Franke
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's  ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the  IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the  security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

Sorry about the last minute review. This document is Ready. Its very intent
gives me a little bit of anxiety: given the inherent DDoS amplification
potential of any kind of UDP multicast, I tend to consider attempts to expand
its usability beyond the most tightly-controlled and thoughtfully-configured
environments to be ill-advised, but that is something the availability of
auto-configuration protocols like this one will tend to encourage. However,
this is something that clearly still has good uses and its security
considerations section is thorough, which is all I can really ask.

---

From: "Holland, Jake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 06:03:09 +0000

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the review.

I hear and understand the anxiety.  In case it helps any, I'm trying to
address at least some of those concerns in other documents (e.g.
draft-jholland-mboned-cbacc).

I agree it will take some thoughtful configuration and cautious controls
to avoid troubles, but I think there are some networks that can blaze a
useful trail here.

Best,
Jake

On 2019-12-18, 17:50, "Daniel Franke via Datatracker" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Reviewer: Daniel Franke
Review result: Ready

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned