Subject: [MBONED] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 09:57:43 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of suggestions to help the document be more timeless:

= Section 2.2.1 =

s/To this day/At the time of this writing/

= Section 4.4 =

OLD
While the WG discussions had consensus that best practices should be
   developed to explain when to use SSM in applications, e.g, when ASM
   without (S,G) state in the network is better, or when dedicated
   service-discovery mechanisms should be used, it was agreed that
   documenting such practices are outside the scope of this document.

NEW
This document describes best practices to explain when to use SSM in
applications, e.g, when ASM without (S,G) state in the network is better, or
when dedicated service-discovery mechanisms should be used, but specifying
these practices is outside the scope of this document.

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 13:09:08 +0000

Thanks Alissa, we’ll make those changes in the next rev.

Best wishes,
Tim

On 6 Jan 2020, at 17:57, Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

= Section 2.2.1 =

= Section 4.4 =

OLD

NEW

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned