Subject: [MBONED] Mboned: review/feedback wanted - draft-ietf-bier-multicast-http-response

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 07:46:53 +0100

Dear MBoned

On behalf of the authors, i would love to ask mboned members to take an interest
and provide review feedback for

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-bier-multicast-http-response-04.txt

This document is likely a lot more solution/operationally oriented than the
other documents we do in BIER given how it describes really an application layer
solution for rate-adaptive multicast video and how it can benefit from the
novely of BIER (as opposed to classical IP multicast).

The trick why BIER improves rate-adaptive video multicast over IP multicast is
because the sender can for every new segment it's multicasting decide which
bitrate to send to which receiver - without the churn of join signaling that
otherwise occurs in todays RMT rate-adaptive IP multicast solutions. So we hope
this document is a real core candidate driver for future application level
use of BIER.

So, any help welcome. Happy to swap review/shepherding certificates with other authors
looking for more review of their documents ;-)

Cheers
    Toerless