Subject: [MBONED] DORMS/AMBI/CBACC updates

From: "Holland, Jake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 17:24:16 +0000

Hi mboned,

Last week I posted updates to the 3 active wg drafts I've been
working on (DORMS, CBACC, and AMBI):
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-dorms-01
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-cbacc-01
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-ambi-01

I'll give an update on the overall Multicast to the Browser
project, but I thought I'd send a note about the doc-related
parts of the status to the list ahead of time, and do that
part of the discussion mostly on-list if possible.

A few main updates:

1.
For all 3 there's a new "Notes for contributors" section
pointing to a github repo where I'll be keeping an issues list
going forward:
https://github.com/GrumpyOldTroll/ietf-dorms-cluster

Hopefully that will help avoid dropping anything by accident.

2.
DORMS I think is hopefully pretty close, pending feedback.  If
the WG has no objections, I'd like to go ahead at this version
with a couple of things I think I mentioned in the July meeting:
- yang doctor review:
  https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ops/wiki/yang-doctors-review
- early allocation for the service name "dorms":
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4020#section-2

3.
CBACC has a couple of remaining TBDs but does I think have most
of the content it needs, so I think I'd also like to go ahead
with asking for a transport review on whether the circuit-breaker
behavior seems sufficiently well-specified, or what's missing.
(And after or during the DORMS yang doctor review, I'll also want
to ask for the CBACC yang doctor review, or we can perhaps request
them together?)

4.
AMBI got a few minor tweaks, but it's mostly in a holding pattern
while we're focusing on some other things during the currently
ongoing trials with ISPs, I have not yet pulled in all the feedback.
Also, it's waiting on a yang dependency that's not yet stable (the
crypto-types modules).  But I'm not yet looking to start reviews
that were waiting on updates, I need to get a little further along.

5.
I'm also thinking to request a cluster assignment for DORMS, AMBI,
and CBACC:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/about/clusters/

I've currently got a forward reference from DORMS to AMBI and CBACC
for motivating use cases, and although removing them would be ok,
there's not that much point in publishing DORMS without at least
one of the others, and I think it's useful to have at least one
forward reference for that example.

Anyway, I'll see you next week, and my slot for updating this will
aim to be pretty short to leave some room for MNAT (a preview coming
in a second email), so if you can, please give some thought to these
points and discuss on-list if you have any concerns with these
suggested actions (and maybe send a quick "SGTM" if you're supportive).

Best regards,
Jake