Subject: Re: [MBONED] Adoption call for draft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01

From: "Holland, Jake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 18:42:23 +0000

Hi mboned,

I'm not aware of any IPR owned by Akamai or that I've been involved
with that's related to this spec.

I've noticed the following 3rd party patents (or published applications),
which may or may not be relevant:

1.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20090161674
"Method and tool for IP multicast network address translation (MNAT)",
US 2009/0161674 A1, Nokia

2.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US8370522B2
"Performing multicast communication in computer networks by using overlay
routing", US 8,370,522 B2, Google

3.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US6831917B1/en
"Network address translation for multicast virtual sourcing",
US 6,831,917 B1, Cisco 

Best regards,
Jake

On 12/28/20, 10:09 AM, "Leonard Giuliano" <lenny=[email-masked]> wrote:

Thanks Jake, there was indeed solid support for the draft in the 109 
meeting.  As such, we would like to initiate an official call for adoption 
of "Multicast Network Address Translation" draft:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01__;!!GjvTz_vk!GoyOL0kGT51Y-udSlbF0A5bvYePbZkr4zM3Tu8Mlui-r5xtdJQu9RL1roT3Rmxs$ 

Please respond on list by Jan 18 if you do/do not support adoption of this 
draft.

If you are listed as a document author, please respond to this email 
whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR. If you are not listed as 
an author and are aware of any relevant IPR, please respond as well.

-Lenny and Greg

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 18:00:14 +0000
From: "Holland, Jake" <jholland=[email-masked]>
To: MBONED WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [MBONED] Update to draft-jholland-mboned-mnat

Hi mboned,

I posted an update to the MNAT draft we discussed last month.  I added
a section linking to the implementation prototype, which is also up,
and updated the yang model to match what's running.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01__;!!GjvTz_vk!GoyOL0kGT51Y-udSlbF0A5bvYePbZkr4zM3Tu8Mlui-r5xtdJQu9RL1roT3Rmxs$ 
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/GrumpyOldTroll/mnat__;!!GjvTz_vk!GoyOL0kGT51Y-udSlbF0A5bvYePbZkr4zM3Tu8Mlui-r5xtdJQu9RL1rnQWrFHM$ 

During the meeting I believe we had a poll indicating preliminary support
for adopting the spec, so if the chairs are happy with it, I'd love to get
this adopted and/or get more feedback on it.  So please take a look and
comment if you can.

For easier reference, this is where the presentation at the last meeting
went into MNAT, if you wanted a refresher:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1FS3XqqWTw&t=26m40s__;!!GjvTz_vk!GoyOL0kGT51Y-udSlbF0A5bvYePbZkr4zM3Tu8Mlui-r5xtdJQu9RL1rMn5k3lw$ 
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/109/materials/slides-109-mboned-multicast-to-the-browser-00-00*page=7__;Iw!!GjvTz_vk!GoyOL0kGT51Y-udSlbF0A5bvYePbZkr4zM3Tu8Mlui-r5xtdJQu9RL1r2zC1sZI$ 

Best regards,
Jake

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned__;!!GjvTz_vk!GoyOL0kGT51Y-udSlbF0A5bvYePbZkr4zM3Tu8Mlui-r5xtdJQu9RL1r7zFucYM$

---

From: Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 14:46:41 -0800

Support adoption as this addresses several important use cases.

-Lenny

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020, Leonard Giuliano wrote:

| 
| Thanks Jake, there was indeed solid support for the draft in the 109 meeting.
| As such, we would like to initiate an official call for adoption of "Multicast
| Network Address Translation" draft:
| 
| https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01
| 
| Please respond on list by Jan 18 if you do/do not support adoption of this
| draft.
| 
| If you are listed as a document author, please respond to this email whether
| or not you are aware of any relevant IPR. If you are not listed as an author
| and are aware of any relevant IPR, please respond as well.
| 
| 
| -Lenny and Greg
| 
| 
| 
| 
| ---------- Forwarded message ----------
| Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 18:00:14 +0000
| From: "Holland, Jake" <jholland=[email-masked]>
| To: MBONED WG <[email-masked]>
| Subject: [MBONED] Update to draft-jholland-mboned-mnat
| 
| 
| Hi mboned,
| 
| I posted an update to the MNAT draft we discussed last month.  I added
| a section linking to the implementation prototype, which is also up,
| and updated the yang model to match what's running.
| https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01
| https://github.com/GrumpyOldTroll/mnat
| 
| During the meeting I believe we had a poll indicating preliminary support
| for adopting the spec, so if the chairs are happy with it, I'd love to get
| this adopted and/or get more feedback on it.  So please take a look and
| comment if you can.
| 
| For easier reference, this is where the presentation at the last meeting
| went into MNAT, if you wanted a refresher:
| https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1FS3XqqWTw&t=26m40s
| https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/109/materials/slides-109-mboned-multicast-to-the-browser-00-00#page=7
| 
| Best regards,
| Jake
| 
| 
|

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 17:16:08 -0800

Hi

I'm a bit late to the party, but I support adoption. This is something
we should solve, and the draft is looking good.

Regards,
Stig

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 10:09 AM Leonard Giuliano
<lenny=[email-masked]> wrote:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01
> https://github.com/GrumpyOldTroll/mnat
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1FS3XqqWTw&t=26m40s
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/109/materials/slides-109-mboned-multicast-to-the-browser-00-00#page=7
>
> Best regards,
> Jake
>
>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned

---

From: Michael McBride <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 17:52:49 +0000

+1

We should adopt. Sorry I'm late.

mike

-----Original Message-----
From: MBONED <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Stig Venaas
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 5:16 PM
To: Leonard Giuliano <lenny=[email-masked]>
Cc: MBONED WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [MBONED] Adoption call for draft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01

Hi

I'm a bit late to the party, but I support adoption. This is something we should solve, and the draft is looking good.

Regards,
Stig

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 10:09 AM Leonard Giuliano <lenny=[email-masked]> wrote:
> meeting.  As such, we would like to initiate an official call for 
> adoption of "Multicast Network Address Translation" draft:
>
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftool
> s.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cm
> ichael.mcbride%40futurewei.com%7C92dc78c77b6a445a9a8d08d8c32a573c%7C0f
> ee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637473933951966006%7CUnknown%
> 7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJX
> VCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=GRJVOpvOYbyce%2BdVKL5lHqhU5yxSPLG%2FCOEN4m
> EENAQ%3D&amp;reserved=0
>
> Please respond on list by Jan 18 if you do/do not support adoption of 
> this draft.
>
> whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR. If you are not 
> listed as an author and are aware of any relevant IPR, please respond as well.
>
>
> -Lenny and Greg
>
>
>
>
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftool
> s.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-jholland-mboned-mnat-01&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cm
> ichael.mcbride%40futurewei.com%7C92dc78c77b6a445a9a8d08d8c32a573c%7C0f
> ee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637473933951975994%7CUnknown%
> 7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJX
> VCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=%2FJtmLr9RIv%2BRBxb1RSe6MuS6RbSTHcM9xMLRVO
> 0YFms%3D&amp;reserved=0
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgith
> ub.com%2FGrumpyOldTroll%2Fmnat&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.mcbride%40fu
> turewei.com%7C92dc78c77b6a445a9a8d08d8c32a573c%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753
> a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637473933951975994%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWI
> joiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&a
> mp;sdata=O7SZtgdt43vgaO3xG%2F3QQvJRoufua1vc83l61Jxu2g8%3D&amp;reserved
> =0
>
> During the meeting I believe we had a poll indicating preliminary 
> support for adopting the spec, so if the chairs are happy with it, I'd 
> love to get this adopted and/or get more feedback on it.  So please 
> take a look and comment if you can.
>
> For easier reference, this is where the presentation at the last 
> meeting went into MNAT, if you wanted a refresher:
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
> youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK1FS3XqqWTw%26t%3D26m40s&amp;data=04%7C01%7C
> michael.mcbride%40futurewei.com%7C92dc78c77b6a445a9a8d08d8c32a573c%7C0
> fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637473933951975994%7CUnknown
> %7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJ
> XVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=P9ni6DFlKfe1hX8IG6jSP%2F2MNod2x5jbJ3%2F9H
> sVOvTQ%3D&amp;reserved=0
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdata
> tracker.ietf.org%2Fmeeting%2F109%2Fmaterials%2Fslides-109-mboned-multi
> cast-to-the-browser-00-00%23page%3D7&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.mcbrid
> e%40futurewei.com%7C92dc78c77b6a445a9a8d08d8c32a573c%7C0fee8ff2a3b2401
> 89c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637473933951975994%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d
> 8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C
> 3000&amp;sdata=f%2FQMRDozZGApfwmbdlp2n8gY4ceaUOasIGWUqZR%2B0Sc%3D&amp;
> reserved=0
>
> Best regards,
> Jake
>
>
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
> ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fmboned&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.mcbr
> ide%40futurewei.com%7C92dc78c77b6a445a9a8d08d8c32a573c%7C0fee8ff2a3b24
> 0189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637473933951975994%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb
> 3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%
> 7C3000&amp;sdata=Jo3Zxa8FzJxywF9R5B1KNtBth50999eaDOk%2F2ENveDA%3D&amp;
> reserved=0

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fmboned&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.mcbride%40futurewei.com%7C92dc78c77b6a445a9a8d08d8c32a573c%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637473933951975994%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=Jo3Zxa8FzJxywF9R5B1KNtBth50999eaDOk%2F2ENveDA%3D&amp;reserved=0

---

From: Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 15:35:07 -0800

Looks like we now have consensus to adopt draft-jholland-mboned-mnat.  
Jake- you may resubmit as a WG document.

-chairs

|