Subject: [MBONED] adoption call for draft-song-multicast-telemetry in MBONED

From: Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 15:51:26 -0800

bcc: IPPM WG

We would like to initiate an official call for adoption of "Multicast 
On-path Telemetry Solutions" draft:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-multicast-telemetry/

For background, this draft was originally presented to IPPM, but that WG 
has decided not to take on the work and was supportive of seeing this 
progress in PIM or MBONED (with close coordination and review in IPPM as 
the document matures).  After presenting this in PIM and MBONED in 
IETF109, it was decided that MBONED was the most appropriate place for 
this doc given its operational focus.

Please respond on list by Feb 18 if you do/do not support adoption of this 
draft in MBONED.

If you are listed as a document author, please respond to this email 
whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR. If you are not listed as 
an author and are aware of any relevant IPR, please respond as well.

-MBONED chairs

---

From: Tianran Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 03:29:40 +0000

Hi MBONED WG and Chairs,

I reviewed and commented this work before in the IPPM mailing list before.
I think this is a good idea and right solution. 
The new revision addressed my comments.
I support the adoption of this draft.

Cheers,
Tianran 

-----Original Message-----
From: ippm [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Leonard Giuliano
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 7:51 AM
To: MBONED WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [ippm] adoption call for draft-song-multicast-telemetry in MBONED

bcc: IPPM WG

We would like to initiate an official call for adoption of "Multicast On-path Telemetry Solutions" draft:

For background, this draft was originally presented to IPPM, but that WG has decided not to take on the work and was supportive of seeing this progress in PIM or MBONED (with close coordination and review in IPPM as the document matures).  After presenting this in PIM and MBONED in IETF109, it was decided that MBONED was the most appropriate place for this doc given its operational focus.

Please respond on list by Feb 18 if you do/do not support adoption of this draft in MBONED.

If you are listed as a document author, please respond to this email whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR. If you are not listed as an author and are aware of any relevant IPR, please respond as well.

-MBONED chairs

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:17:52 -0800

Hi,
as a co-author, I'm not aware of any IPR that is relevant to this draft.

And I support the adoption of this draft by the MBONED WG (as a co-author).

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Gyan Mishra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 23:31:49 -0500

As co-author I am not aware of any IPR and I support adoption of this draft
by MBONED WG.

Thanks

Gyan

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 11:18 PM Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> MBONED mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned
>
-- 

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *

*M 301 502-134713101 Columbia Pike *Silver Spring, MD