Subject: [mdnsext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lynn-mdnsext-requirements-02.txt

From: Kerry Lynn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:36:23 -0400

Greetings,

This is only a very minor update:

1. Refresh the date to prevent expiration

2. Add the "one laptop, one printer" use case which I inadvertently omitted
from
    earlier versions.  This is basically a marker to remind us that the
base case is no
    infrastructure of any sort, but also that there are M's of mDNS servers
(e.g. printers)
    already deployed that will never be updated.  We cannot afford to
strand them.

I submitted this as mdnsext-requirements-02.  When the name of the WG is
decided
then the secretariat can rename the draft.  I will try to upload a more
comprehensive
update before the BoF (I will not be attending IETF 87).

Lastly, after checking with Stuart, the previous message I posted re: IPR
statement
was intended by Apple to apply to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheshire-mdnsext-hybrid
and not the requirements draft.  This too will be sorted in time.

Sorry I will be missing the excitement in Berlin...

Regards, -K-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-lynn-mdnsext-requirements-02.txt
To: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>, Kerry Lynn <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-lynn-mdnsext-requirements-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Kerry Lynn and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-lynn-mdnsext-requirements
Revision:        02
Title:           Requirements for DNS-SD/mDNS Extensions
Creation date:   2013-07-16
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lynn-mdnsext-requirements-02.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lynn-mdnsext-requirements
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lynn-mdnsext-requirements-02
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lynn-mdnsext-requirements-02

Abstract:
   DNS-SD/mDNS is widely used today for discovery and resolution of
   services and names on a local link, but there are use cases to extend
   DNS-SD/mDNS to enable service discovery beyond the local link.  This
   document provides a problem statement and a list of requirements.

The IETF Secretariat