Subject: Registration of media feature tags +g.3gpp.cs-voice and +g.3gpp.cs-video

From: "John M Meredith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:41:35 +0200

Relpaces earlier message with same title

Dear IANA

Please find below application for registration of two feature tags
according to RFC2506.

Best regards

John M Meredith
3GPP Specifications Manager

========================

+g.3gpp.cs-voice

Media feature-tag name: +g.3gpp.cs-voice.
ASN.1 Identifier: New assignment by IANA.
Summary of the media feature indicated by this tag: This feature-tag
indicates that the device supports circuit switched voice when combining
circuit switched calls and IM sessions.
Values appropriate for use with this feature-tag: Boolean.
The feature-tag is intended primarily for use in the following
applications, protocols, services, or negotiation mechanisms: 
This feature-tag is most useful in a communications application, for
describing the capabilities of a device, such as a phone or PDA.
Examples of typical use: Indicating that a mobile phone can support
voice in a circuit switched environment within the context of combining
a circuit switched voice call with an IM session.
Related standards or documents: ETSI TS 124 279 (being a formal
transposition of 3GPP TS 24.279): "Combining Circuit Switched (CS) and
IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) services; Stage 3"
Security Considerations: Security considerations for this media
feature-tag are discussed in subclause 11.1 of RFC 3840 [6]. 
Name(s) & email address(es) of person(s) to contact for further
information:   John M Meredith (3GPP Specifications Manager) for ETSI on
behalf of 3GPP Organizational Partners ([email-masked])
Author/Change controller:  as contact person above

+g.3gpp.cs-video

Media feature-tag name: +g.3gpp.cs-video.
ASN.1 Identifier: New assignment by IANA.
Summary of the media feature indicated by this tag: This feature-tag
indicates that the device supports circuit switched video when combining
circuit switched video calls and IM sessions.
Values appropriate for use with this feature-tag: Boolean.
The feature-tag is intended primarily for use in the following
applications, protocols, services, or negotiation mechanisms: 
This feature-tag is most useful in a communications application, for
describing the capabilities of a device, such as a phone or PDA.
Examples of typical use: Indicating that a mobile phone can support
video in a circuit switched environment within the context of combining
a circuit switched video call with an IM session.
Related standards or documents:   ETSI TS 124 279 (being a formal
transposition of 3GPP TS 24.279): "Combining Circuit Switched (CS) and
IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) services; Stage 3"
Security Considerations: Security considerations for this media
feature-tag are discussed in subclause 11.1 of RFC 3840 [6]. 
Name(s) & email address(es) of person(s) to contact for further
information:   John M Meredith (3GPP Specifications Manager) for ETSI on
behalf of 3GPP Organizational Partners ([email-masked])
Author/Change controller:  as contact person above