Subject: [media-types] Modiyfing a registered VND type...

From: mike amundsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:50:53 -0500

I am contemplating adding an optional parameter[0] to the
application/vnd.collection+json[1][2] media type definition.

What I want to do is register the "profile" parameter similar to the
profile parameter proposed for XML media types back in 2009[3]. This would
be OPTIONAL, backward-compatible for any existing implementations, and
would not change the media type parsing or functionality. It would,
instead, offer additional information about the content of the message body.

What are the steps I need to follow in order to update the IANA
registration[4] to include this in the registration information at IANA?

TIA for your help.

[0] http://eveinfo.net/wiki/rfc4288.htm#section-4.3
[1]
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/vnd.collection+json
[2] http://amundsen.com/media-types/collection/
[3]
http://buzzword.org.uk/2009/draft-inkster-profile-parameter-00.html#anchor2
[4] http://eveinfo.net/wiki/rfc4288.htm#section-9

mamund
+1.859.757.1449
skype: mca.amundsen
http://amundsen.com/blog/
http://twitter.com/mamund
https://github.com/mamund
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikeamundsen

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 08:01:16 -0800 (PST)

> TIA for your help.

Given that you are the registered contact, it's easy: Just send your updated
registration to IANA.

				Ned