Subject: [media-types] review requested for calendar+json

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:07:02 -0700

Please review the following registration request, which is extracted
from draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcal. I am posting as the document shepherd,
and I have cc'd the authors and my co-chair in the JCARDCAL WG.

Thanks!

###

   Type name:  application

   Subtype name:  calendar+json

   Required parameters:  none

   Optional parameters:  "method", "component" and "optinfo" as defined
      for the text/calendar media type in [RFC5545], Section 8.1.

   Encoding considerations:  Same as encoding considerations of
      application/json as specified in [RFC4627], Section 6.

   Security considerations:  See Section 7.

   Interoperability considerations:  This media type provides an
      alternative format for iCalendar data based on JSON.

   Published specification:  This specification.

   Applications which use this media type:  Applications that currently
      make use of the text/calendar media type can use this as an
      alternative.  Similarly, Applications that use the application/
      json media type to transfer calendaring data can use this to
      further specify the content.

   Fragment identifier considerations:  N/A

   Additional information:

      Deprecated alias names for this type:  N/A

      Magic number(s):  N/A

      File extension(s):  N/A

      Macintosh file type code(s):  N/A

   Person & email address to contact for further information:
      [email-masked]

   Intended usage:  COMMON

   Restrictions on usage:  There are no restrictions on where this media
      type can be used.

   Author:  See the "Author's Address" section of this document.

   Change controller:  IETF

###