Subject: [media-types] 30-day Public Review for Media Type Registration Template for #XLIFF Version 2.0 - ends July 17th

From: Chet Ensign <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:45:52 -0400

OASIS members and other interested stakeholders,

The OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC [1] members
have recently approved a Committee Specification Draft (CND) and submitted
it for 30-day public review:

Media Type Registration Template for XLIFF Version 2.0
Committee Specification Draft 02 /Public Review Draft 01
20 May 2014

Overview:

Standalone media type registration template for XLIFF 2.0 and subsequent
minor versions (2.x and 2.x.y).

TC Description:

The purpose of the OASIS XLIFF TC is to define, through extensible XML
vocabularies, and promote the adoption of, a specification for the
interchange of localisable software and document based objects and related
metadata.

For more information, see the TC Charter and FAQ.

Public Review Period:

The public review starts 18 June 2014 at 00:00 GMT and ends 17 July 2014 at
23:59 GMT.

This is an open invitation to comment. OASIS solicits feedback from
potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not, for
the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of its technical
work.

URIs:

The prose specification document and related files are available here:

HTML (Authoritative):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-media/v2.0/csprd01/xliff-media-v2.0-csprd01.html

PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-media/v2.0/csprd01/xliff-media-v2.0-csprd01.pdf

Editable source:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-media/v2.0/csprd01/xliff-media-v2.0-csprd01.xml

ZIP distribution file (complete):

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose
document and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the
ZIP file here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-media/v2.0/csprd01/xliff-media-v2.0-csprd01.zip

Additional information about the specification and the TGF TC can be found
at the TC's public home page:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/

Comments may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use of the
OASIS TC Comment Facility which can be used by following the instructions
on the TC's "Send A Comment" page, or directly at:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=xliff

Comments submitted by TC non-members for this work and for other work of
this TC are publicly archived and can be viewed at:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/

All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback License,
which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same obligations at
least as the obligations of the TC members. In connection with this public
review of "Media Type Registration Template for XLIFF Version 2.0", we call
your attention to the OASIS IPR Policy [2] applicable especially [3] to the
work of this technical committee. All members of the TC should be familiar
with this document, which may create obligations regarding the disclosure
and availability of a member's patent, copyright, trademark and license
rights that read on an approved OASIS specification.

OASIS invites any persons who know of any such claims to disclose these if
they may be essential to the implementation of the above specification, so
that notice of them may be posted to the notice page for this TC's work.

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/

[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/ipr.php
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr#s10.2.2
RF on RAND Mode

-- 

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

Check your work using the Support Request Submission Checklist at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47248/tc-admin-submission-checklist.html

TC Administration information and support is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen
Facebook:  http://facebook.com/oasis.open