Subject: Re: [media-types] media type registration of the Slovak national standard for e-forms container e-form+xml, e-form+zip

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:27:33 +0200

Citát S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>:

> Hi Stefan,
> At 03:01 17-03-2014, [email-masked] wrote:
>> Do you think IESG can accept the Ministry of finance of the Slovak
>> republic as a recognized standards-related organization? If you think
>> so, how long can such a decision take and what is needed for such an
>> approval?
>
> Would it be possible to do it through SÚTN?
>

Thank you for your answer.

I am sorry for my late response.

After a lot of work the Slovak national e-forms specification is now  
in one of the final legislative phases.

In March 2014, I wrote to SÚTN (Slovak Standards Institute) and they  
informed me:
- They do not have any practice with IANA registrations. They are not  
IANA members and they never consulted with IANA.
- They suggested us to communicate directly with IANA and try to agree  
on next steps.
- Since January 1, 2014 they are merged with Slovak Office of  
Standards, Metrology and Testing (UNMS). SUTN is now only one of UNMS  
internal sections. They had too much work with the merging process.

>> Or you think we should submit our specification to the IESG
>> standardization process - i.e. for publication as an RFC?
>>
>> We do not have any experience with the IETF/IESG standardization
>> process and I have doubt if it is realistic to try to register our
>> national standard in the Standards Tree. Our specifications are
>> currently only in the Slovak language and I don't know if or when we
>> will create an adequate English version. Our working groups do not
>> have enough time and human resources (most of the work is done
>> voluntarily). I'm afraid our standardization effort in the Standards
>> Tree can get stuck because of these reasons. We need the media type
>> registration in a short time.
>
> It would help to have a stable specification.  It does not have to be a RFC.
>
> It is better to do what is easier for you especially if there isn't  
> enough human resources.  Please ask questions if you have any doubt  
> about how the standardization process works.
>

OK.

Do you agree with Martin J. Dürst that the following media type  
designation may be acceptable for IANA? :
"e-form+xml" - application/vnd.gov.sk.e-form+xml
"e-form+zip" - application/vnd.gov.sk.e-form+zip

"gov.sk" is the second-level domain name used by the Slovak government
organizations, such as www.government.gov.sk, www.finance.gov.sk,
www.nases.gov.sk, etc.

The contact person for the standard will be Mr. Peter Biro, Ministry  
of finance of the Slovak republic - standard ( at ) mfsr.sk

Thank you for your help.

Stefan Szilva

> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy