Subject: [media-types] Review request for application/emergencyCallData.eCall.MSD+per

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:24:24 -0700

Hi all,

ECRIT draft https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-12 
seeks to register a media type to carry the eCall Minimum Set of Data 
(MSD) as defined by CEN and used in 3GPP.  Per 3GPP, it is encoded in 
ASN.1 PER.  This will be used by SIP-based eCall systems (a 
vehicle-initiated emergency call system mandated and standardized 
within the European Union).

The media registration is at 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-12#page-31.

Thank you.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
If a person or organization starts to play on your fears,
it may be that person or organization that you should fear.

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:19:58 +0900

Hello Randall,

As pointed out many times on this list, please include a verbatim copy 
of the registration template in the mail. This significantly increases 
the chance to get comments.

Regards,   Martin.

On 2016/09/22 08:24, Randall Gellens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> ECRIT draft https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-12 seeks
> to register a media type to carry the eCall Minimum Set of Data (MSD) as
> defined by CEN and used in 3GPP.  Per 3GPP, it is encoded in ASN.1 PER.
> This will be used by SIP-based eCall systems (a vehicle-initiated
> emergency call system mandated and standardized within the European Union).
>

-- 
Martin J. Dürst
Department of Intelligent Information Technology
Collegue of Science and Engineering
Aoyama Gakuin University
Fuchinobe 5-1-10, Chuo-ku, Sagamihara
252-5258 Japan

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:00:49 -0700

At 4:24 PM -0700 9/21/16, Randall Gellens wrote:

> seeks to register a media type to carry the eCall Minimum Set of 
> Data (MSD) as defined by CEN and used in 3GPP.  Per 3GPP, it is 
> encoded in ASN.1 PER.  This will be used by SIP-based eCall systems 
> (a vehicle-initiated emergency call system mandated and 
> standardized within the European Union).
>

Apologies for not including the verbatim text originally:

       MIME media type name: application

       MIME subtype name: emergencyCallData.eCall.MSD+per

       Mandatory parameters: none

       Optional parameters: none

       Encoding scheme: binary

       Encoding considerations: Uses ASN.1 PER, which is a binary
       encoding; when transported in SIP, binary content transfer
       encoding is used.

       Security considerations: This content type is designed to carry
       vehicle and incident-related data during an emergency call.  This
       data contains personal information including vehicle VIN,
       location, direction, etc.  Appropriate precautions need to be
       taken to limit unauthorized access, inappropriate disclosure to
       third parties, and eavesdropping of this information.  In general,
       it is acceptable for the data to be unprotected while briefly in
       transit within the Mobile Network Operator (MNO); the MNO is
       trusted to not permit the data to be accessed by third parties.
       Sections 7 and Section 8 of [RFC7852] contain more discussion.

       Interoperability considerations: None

       Published specification: Annex A of EN 15722 [msd]

       Applications which use this media type: Pan-European eCall
       compliant systems

       Additional information: None

       Magic Number: None

       File Extension: None

       Macintosh file type code: 'BINA'

       Person and email address for further information: Randall Gellens,
       [email-masked]

       Intended usage: LIMITED USE

       Author: The MSD specification was produced by the European
       Committee For Standardization (CEN).  For contact information,
       please see <http://www.cen.eu/cen/Pages/contactus.aspx>.

       Change controller: The European Committee For Standardization
       (CEN)

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your
own.  You may both be wrong.                              --Dandemis