Subject: [media-types] review media type registartion of audio/melpe media subtype

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 13:36:23 +0300

Hi there,

draft-ietf-payload-melpe-03
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-melpe-03>   completed WGLC
in the Payload WG.
The document registers audio/MELP, audio/MELP2400, audio/MELP1200, and
audio/MELP600.  
 
The new registration is in Section 4.1 of the document and is also given
below.

Comments on the registration are welcome.

Thanks.

Roni Even

Payload WG co-chair

Media Type Definition

   Type names:

      audio

   Subtype name:

      MELP, MELP2400, MELP1200, and MELP600

   Required parameters:

      N/A

   Optional parameters:

      ptime, maxptime, bitrate

   Encoding considerations:

      This media type is framed and binary, see section 4.8 in RFC6838

      [RFC6838].

   Security considerations:

      Please see security consideration in RFC6562 [RFC6562].

   Interoperability considerations:

      Early implementations used MELP2400, MELP1200, and MELP600 to

      indicate both coder type and bit rate.  These media type names

      should be preserved with this registration.

   Published specification:

      N/A

   Applications that use this media type:

      N/A

   Additional information:

      N/A

   Deprecated alias names for this type:

      N/A

   Magic number(s):

      N/A

   File extension(s):

      N/A

   Macintosh file type code(s):

      N/A

   Person & email address to contact for further information:

      Victor Demjanenko, Ph.D.

      VOCAL Technologies, Ltd.

      520 Lee Entrance, Suite 202

      Buffalo, NY 14228

      USA

      Phone: +1 716 688 4675

      Email: [email-masked]

   Intended usage:

      COMMON

   Restrictions on usage:

      This media type depends on RTP framing, and hence is only defined

      for transfer via RTP [RFC3550].  Transport within other framing

      protocols is not defined at this time.

   Author:

      Victor Demjanenko

   Change controller:

      IETF Payload working group delegated from the IESG.

   Provisional registration? (standards tree only):

      No