Subject: [media-types] Media types for some some common data formats

From: Mitar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 10:13:54 -0700

Hi!

I am new to all this. But in an app we are working on we are trying to
use media types to record the information what a binary blob/file
contains. Our target domain is data analysis so we came up around many
data files we have hard time finding suitable types for.

For example:

Graph Modelling Language files
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graph_Modelling_Language)

Python numpy array .npy files

If I understand correctly, the best would be for us to use something
like text/prs.gml and application/prs.npy for these? But because they
are common formats, is there something better we can do?

(We are not affiliated with authors of any of those two formats.)

Mitar

-- 
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m