Subject: [media-types] Verification of draft-ietf-core-multipart-ct-03

From: Jaime Jiménez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 08:16:00 +0000

Dear IANA,

please have a look at https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-multipart-ct-03 , there is a new media type “application/multipart-core” and a new Content-Format identifier for it. They both look OK to me but I’d like some verification.

Thanks!
-- Jaime Jiménez

---

From: "Paul Libbrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:14:18 +0100

Dear Jaime,

If you wish that participants of this list comment on your proposal, as 
is planned in the process, please copy the content of your registration 
(section 5.1 of your document) as plain text in a mail of this list. 
This has been steadily requested for other attempts and supports longer 
term discussions.

thanks in advance.

Paul

On 20 Mar 2019, at 9:16, Jaime Jiménez wrote:

> Dear IANA,
>
> please have a look at 
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-multipart-ct-03 , there is 
> a new media type “application/multipart-core” and a new 
> Content-Format identifier for it. They both look OK to me but I’d 
> like some verification.
>
> Thanks!
> -- Jaime Jiménez

> _______________________________________________
> media-types mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/media-types

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:10:52 +0100

On Mar 20, 2019, at 17:14, Paul Libbrecht <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear Jaime,
> 
> If you wish that participants of this list comment on your proposal, as is planned in the process, please copy the content of your registration (section 5.1 of your document) as plain text in a mail of this list. This has been steadily requested for other attempts and supports longer term discussions.

Indeed:

5.1.  Registration of media type application/multipart-core

   IANA is requested to register the following media type [RFC6838]:

   Type name:  application

   Subtype name:  multipart-core

   Required parameters:  N/A

   Optional parameters:  N/A

   Encoding considerations:  binary

   Security considerations:  See the Security Considerations Section of
      RFCthis

   Interoperability considerations:  N/A

   Published specification:  RFCthis

   Applications that use this media type:  Applications that need to
      combine representations of zero or more different media types into
      one, e.g., EST-CoAP [I-D.ietf-ace-coap-est]

   Fragment identifier considerations:  The syntax and semantics of
      fragment identifiers specified for "application/multipart-core" is
      as specified for "application/cbor".  (At publication of this
      document, there is no fragment identification syntax defined for
      "application/cbor".)

   Additional information:

      Deprecated alias names for this type:  N/A

      Magic number(s):  N/A

      File extension(s):  N/A

      Macintosh file type code(s):  N/A

   Person & email address to contact for further information:
      iesg&ietf.org

   Intended usage:  COMMON

   Restrictions on usage:  N/A

   Author:  CoRE WG

   Change controller:  IESG

   Provisional registration? (standards tree only):  no

Thank you!

Grüße, Carsten