Subject: [media-types] ACE AIF media types

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:58:01 +0100

The ACE AIF specification makes a number of media type registrations:

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-ace-aif-01.html#name-media-types-2

Excerpts below.

Please review.

Grüße, Carsten

5.1.  Media Types

   IANA is requested to add the following Media-Type to the "Media
   Types" registry.

   +==========+======================+=====================+
   | Name     | Template             | Reference           |
   +==========+======================+=====================+
   | aif+cbor | application/aif+cbor | RFC XXXX, Section 4 |
   +----------+----------------------+---------------------+
   | aif+json | application/aif+json | RFC XXXX, Section 4 |
   +----------+----------------------+---------------------+

                            Table 3

   // RFC Ed.: please replace RFC XXXX with this RFC number and remove
   this note.

   Type name:  application
   Subtype name:  aif+cbor
   Required parameters:  none
   Optional parameters:  none
   Encoding considerations:  binary (CBOR)
   Security considerations:  Section 6 of RFC XXXX
   Published specification:  Section 4 of RFC XXXX
   Person & email address to contact for further information:  ACE WG
      mailing list ([email-masked]), or IETF Applications and Real-Time
      Area ([email-masked])
   Intended usage:  COMMON
   Restrictions on usage:  none
   Author/Change controller:  IETF

Bormann                  Expires 15 August 2021                 [Page 8]
Internet-Draft                   ACE AIF                   February 2021

   Type name:  application
   Subtype name:  aif+json
   Required parameters:  none
   Optional parameters:  none
   Encoding considerations:  binary (JSON is UTF-8-encoded text)
   Security considerations:  Section 6 of RFC XXXX
   Published specification:  Section 4 of RFC XXXX
   Person & email address to contact for further information:  ACE WG
      mailing list ([email-masked]), or IETF Applications and Real-Time
      Area ([email-masked])
   Intended usage:  COMMON
   Restrictions on usage:  none
   Author/Change controller:  IETF

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 15:16:06 +0000

Hi Carsten,

> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-ace-aif-01.html#name-media-types-2

This mostly looks fine, but the registration templates are missing some 
required and recommended fields from the template. Please review and update.

Thank you,

Alexey, as a media type designated expert

> _______________________________________________
> media-types mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/media-types

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 22:35:45 +0100

Hi Alexey,

On 2021-02-13, at 16:16, Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> This mostly looks fine, but the registration templates are missing some required and recommended fields from the template. Please review and update.

Thank you.
I seem to have missed pointing to the update.

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-ace-aif-02.html#name-iana-considerations

Relevant parts copied below.
(Obviously, the Tperm definitions need to say
+    A value from the subregistry for `Tperm`.
for Tperm, as it analogously already does for Toid.
In the editor’s copy.)

Grüße, Carsten

5.1.  Media Types

   IANA is requested to add the following Media-Types to the "Media
   Types" registry.

                            Table 3

   For "application/aif+cbor":

   Type name:  application
   Subtype name:  aif+cbor
   Required parameters:
      *  "Toid": the identifier for the object for which permissions are
         supplied.  A value from the subregistry for "Toid".  Default
         value: "local-uri" (RFC XXXX).

      *  "Tperm": the data type of a permission set for the the object
         identified via a "Toid".  Default value: "REST-method-set" (RFC
         XXXX).
   Optional parameters:  none
   Encoding considerations:  binary (CBOR)
   Security considerations:  Section 6 of RFC XXXX

Bormann                  Expires 21 August 2021                 [Page 8]
Internet-Draft                   ACE AIF                   February 2021

   Interoperability considerations:  none
   Published specification:  Section 4 of RFC XXXX
   Applications that use this media type:  No known applications
      currently use this media type.
   Fragment identifier considerations:  The syntax and semantics of
      fragment identifiers is as specified for "application/cbor".  (At
      publication of RFC XXXX, there is no fragment identification
      syntax defined for "application/cbor".)
   Person & email address to contact for further information:  ACE WG
      mailing list ([email-masked]), or IETF Applications and Real-Time
      Area ([email-masked])
   Intended usage:  COMMON
   Restrictions on usage:  none
   Author/Change controller:  IETF
   Provisional registration:  no

   For "application/aif+json":

   Type name:  application
   Subtype name:  aif+json
   Required parameters:
      *  "Toid": the identifier for the object for which permissions are
         supplied.  A value from the subregistry for "Toid".  Default
         value: "local-uri" (RFC XXXX).

      *  "Tperm": the data type of a permission set for the the object
         identified via a "Toid".  Default value: "REST-method-set" (RFC
         XXXX).
   Optional parameters:  none
   Encoding considerations:  binary (JSON is UTF-8-encoded text)
   Security considerations:  Section 6 of RFC XXXX
   Interoperability considerations:  none
   Published specification:  Section 4 of RFC XXXX
   Applications that use this media type:  No known applications
      currently use this media type.
   Fragment identifier considerations:  The syntax and semantics of
      fragment identifiers is as specified for "application/json".  (At
      publication of RFC XXXX, there is no fragment identification
      syntax defined for "application/json".)
   Person & email address to contact for further information:  ACE WG
      mailing list ([email-masked]), or IETF Applications and Real-Time
      Area ([email-masked])
   Intended usage:  COMMON
   Restrictions on usage:  none
   Author/Change controller:  IETF
   Provisional registration:  no

Bormann                  Expires 21 August 2021                 [Page 9]
Internet-Draft                   ACE AIF                   February 2021

5.2.  Registries

   IANA is requested to create a registry for AIF with two sub-
   registries for "Toid" and "Tperm", populated with:

    +=============+=================+=================================+
    | Subregistry | name            | Description/Specification       |
    +=============+=================+=================================+
    | Toid        | local-part      | local-part of URI as specified  |
    |             |                 | in RFC XXXX                     |
    +-------------+-----------------+---------------------------------+
    | Tperm       | REST-method-set | set of REST methods represented |
    |             |                 | as specified in RFC XXXX        |
    +-------------+-----------------+---------------------------------+

                                  Table 4

   The registration policy is Specification required [RFC8126].  The
   designated expert will engage with the submitter to ascertain the
   requirements of this document are addressed.