Subject: [mediactrl] Media Control Bar BOF Minutes

From: "Burger, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 01:16:52 GMT

Awesome minutes by François.

We need to take another look at Roni's ancient requirements document.  I would also like to see some list traffic within the next two weeks if you do NOT agree with the changes listed below to the requirements.

Martin, Gary, and James will apply the changes described below and send out a new draft (with a new title) for the requirements, pending any issues raised on the list.

I will put together a draft charter.

-----Original Message-----

Media Control Bar BOF

Monday, March 20th

Attendees:

- Eric Burger, Cantata
- Roni Evans, Polycom
- Mary Barnes, Nortel
- Keith Drage, Lucent
- Adnan Saleem, Convedia
- Chris Boulton, Ubiquity
- Scott Mcglashan, HP
- James Rafferty, Cantata
- François Audet, Nortel

Requirements document:

- Framework document will be renamed Requirements Document.

- Scott: need a more detailed requirements document. Should inlude the
  scope. Scott will have a shot at writing qualifiers for IVR and
  conferencing to refine the requirements. It needs to explain why we
  need to do a SIP-oriented media control protocol, as opposed to
  lower-level H.248-style decomposition.

- Roni: draft-even-media-server-req-00 may be a useful basis to look 
  at.

- Roni: We need to define the architecture, which is different from H.248.

- Scott: Need to explain why we need this type of protocol. 

- Adnan: Need to define what is a Media Server is. Also, what is IVR.

- Roni: Media Server can be used for many applications
  (IVR, conferencing, etc.).

- Burger: Protocol should not make conferencing and IVR separate.

- All: Push-to-talk is out-of-scope.

- All: Need a mechanism for discovering the capabilities. Will be brought
  Back in scope.

- Drage: Not sure REGISTER is the right mechanism for discovering
  capabilities.  Could use tables.

- Scott: Need more details on the Audit functionality.

- Roni: Need to include text.

- Adnan: What is the minimum set?

- Burger: Maybe we need to list the protocols that are MUST, MAY, etc. This
  is not going to be a "package" or a "profile".

- Burger: looks like route will be rechartering of SPEECHSC. Will not be
  done before Montréal. It will disrupt progress because of the need for
  justifying ourselves. Would like to go to IESG with a fully-baked
  document. We are talking 8 months to a working group: no "BOF" necessary
  with the rechartering approach.

- Scott: we should have an agreement among ourselves on technical aspects
  before working group is formed.

- Chris: will check if all comments have been integrated.

--------------------------
Ubiquity Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any liability with regard to these communications.
Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to any communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for this website or as otherwise deemed improper.