Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] charter milestones and media types

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:39:12 -0000

Hi,
Audio and video definitely. 

[Chris Boulton] What Roni said :-)

What about IM or chat rooms. I think we need at least to evaluate if
required in a media server.

[Chris Boulton] Agreed.  Whether this is added as a 'nice-to-have' once
we have Audio + Video baked is another question (I think its good to
bite off small, manageable chunks rather than the usual IETF bloating
exercise).  So I'm on the fence as long as we draw a line in the sand at
some point.

Chris.

P.s. we could link this in nicely with some work currently in XCON
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-xcon-msrp-conferencin
g-04.txt).

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation plc, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, Registration 2719723, registered offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: "Braudes, Robert \(Bob\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:52:30 -0400

While we're on the multimedia wagon, we shouldn't forget documents,
which could be either static or dynamic.  That said, I agree with Chris
about being concerned with starting with smaller bites rather than
starting off trying to boil the ocean.  However, as this is a charter
discussion we should be reasonably inclusive.  

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Boulton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 5:39 AM
To: Even, Roni; Eric Burger; Tim Melanchuk
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] charter milestones and media types

Hi,

Chris.

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended
for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential
information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use,
disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the
addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies
of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation plc, a company registered
under the laws of England and Wales, Registration 2719723, registered
offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St.
Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.

---

From: "Rafferty, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:46:30 -0400

The assumption from quite a while back in the requirements document has
been to focus on audio and video, so I agree with the others that we
need to include at least those media types.   That will be a healthy
chunk of work in itself.  I think we could address extensions beyond
that via re-chartering, thus keeping the original charter focused and
achievable.  

James 

-----Original Message-----
From: Braudes, Robert (Bob) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 6:53 AM
To: Chris Boulton; Even, Roni; Eric Burger; Tim Melanchuk
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] charter milestones and media types

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Boulton [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 5:39 AM
To: Even, Roni; Eric Burger; Tim Melanchuk
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] charter milestones and media types

Hi,

Chris.