Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Some comments of draft-melanchuk-mediactrl-framework-00

From: Xiao Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:23:03 +0800

Hi,
	I have reviewed framework draft and have some comments.

1、In page 5, definition of  "MS Control Dialog", the sentence of "control
channel between the UA and the MS", "UA" should be "AS".

2、In the draft, it mentions "SRTP", but no any description or reference on
it. It would be better to add some information about SRTP, or add
information in section of References at least.

3、In page 9, the sentence of "As discussed in Section Section 4 and
illustrated in Figure 1,", there is a duplication word of "Section".

4、In page 19, Figure 6, MS sends message to AS "FloorRequestStatus[PENDING]
(BFCP)", from my understanding, the MS need to report BFCP information from
UA to AS, and AS can make the decision. But the message
"FloorRequestStatus[PENDING](BFCP)" that MS to AS is the same to MS to UA.

Xiao

*****************************************************************
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!
*****************************************************************

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:13:04 +0200

Hi Xiao,

> "FloorRequestStatus[PENDING](BFCP)" that MS to AS is the same to MS to UA.

As you say, the chair needs to know about the request in order to make a 
decision. This notification can be done by means of a FloorRequestStatus or, 
more simply, a FloorStatus consequent to a previous FloorQuery made by the 
chair to know about requests for a specific floor.
So, probably for the MS-->AS (where AS in this context means the automated 
chair colocated with the AS) message a FloorStatus would be better, but the 
FloorRequestStatus we put in the figure does the job anyway.

Regards,
Lorenzo

-- 
Lorenzo Miniero, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy)
Phone: +390817683821 - Fax: +390817683816
Email: [email-masked]