Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] Fw: I-DACTION:draft-melanchuk-mediactrl-framework-00.txt

From: "MUNSON, GARY A (GARY A)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 13:44:42 -0400

Hi Tim M. et al,

Firstly, nice draft. 

Secondly, one thing caught my eye. Section 4 contains the paragraph:

A MS may supply all or part of the above functionalities to an
Application Server (AS) and an AS is able to discover the
capabilities that a specific MS provides.

I would suggest rewording that latter part so it reads like or something
like:

A MS may supply all or part of the above functionalities to an
Application Server (AS). An AS is able to send a particular call to a
suitable MS, either through discovery of the capabilities that a
specific MS provides or through the use of a Media Resource Broker.

I think the rationale for the suggested change is self-evident, but this
being a Friday :-)   .... an AS can use the MRB, in which case the AS
doesn't really discover capabilities of any specific MS, however you
slice and dice it.

cheers,

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Spencer Dawkins [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 3:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Fw:
I-DACTION:draft-melanchuk-mediactrl-framework-00.txt

OK, Tim and the rest of the design team submitted their draft last week,
and 
we haven't heard much feedback onlist. This could be a sign that the
draft 
is perfect, but just in case that's not the explanation...

It would be really great for people to be reading the draft and
commenting 
now, because Eric and I would like to see a 01 revision posted before 
Chicago, reflecting more inputs from the workgroup. That only happens if
we 
HAVE inputs from the working group, of course.

Eric and I are really looking forward to co-chairing one of the
workgroups 
that makes progress between IETF meetings - there is so little
competition 
for this honor! In order to do that, we need to be talking onlist
between 
meetings.

Also - Eric and I would like to identify a couple of participants to do 
detailed reviews for MEDIACTRL drafts when the drafts are adopted as 
workgroup drafts (much as groups like SIPPING are doing). If you would
like 
to act as a detailed reviewer, please contact me/Eric privately.

Thanks,

Spencer, as co-chair

> This draft has just appeared in the respository.
>
> Thanks to Tim and the test of the design team for all their hard work.
>
> Spencer, for Spencer and Eric
>
>> Title : An Architectural Framework for Media  Server Control
>> Author(s) : T. Melanchuk
>> Filename : draft-melanchuk-mediactrl-framework-00.txt
>> Pages : 27
>> Date : 2007-6-6
>>
>>   This document describes an Architectural Framework for Media Server
>>   Control.  The primary focus will be to define logical entities that
>>   exist within the context of the MediaCtrl Work Group in the IETF.
>>   This document will also define appropriate naming conventions and
>>   interactions between the core logical entities.
>>
>>
>> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melanchuk-mediactrl-framework-
00.txt 

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: "Tim Melanchuk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 08:39:51 -0700

thanks gary. i think it is a good suggestion.

timm