Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Comments on draft-dolly-mediactrl-requirements-00

From: Xiao Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:13:18 +0800

Hi,
   I have some comments for draft-dolly-mediactrl-requirements-00.

1、REQ-MCP-01, the description of REQ-MCP-01 will confuse me. "one or more
   Application Servers to control one or more media servers", I consider
this sentence express a tightly couple of AS and MS, but I prefer to a loose
couple of AS and MS. So, I would suggest this requirement may like:
  The MS control protocol SHALL enable one or more Application Servers to
request  to media services from one or more media servers.

2、REQ-MCP-02 and REQ-MCP-03 may combine into one. Such as:
The MS control protocol SHALL use a reliable transport protocol, and
independent from the transport protocol.

3、REQ-MCP-19, I don't understand this requirement, the author should let us
know where is it from.

4、REQ-MCP-28, I think this requirement should include where is the script
from. Modification may like:
The AS shall be able to instruct the MS to perform one or more IVR script
and receive the results. The script may be in a server or containing in the
control message.

5、REQ-MCP-29, some nits, "mange" modify to "manage", "announcements" modify
to "requests".

6、REQ-MCP-29, I am very interesting to this requirement, but I don't
understand it. So, it is better to give a use case.

7、REQ-MCP-31, It need to clarify which statuses the MS reports.

8、A nits for "3.4.  Operational Requirements", should be "Optional"

9、I think the section 3.4 contain all the optional requirements, but for
MRB is part of all, so every relative MRB requirements need to directly
write MRB, not AS. Modify AS to MRB in REQ-MCP-31 and REQ-MCP-32.

Xiao

*****************************************************************
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!
*****************************************************************

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:35:47 +0300

Thanks

See inline

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Xiao Wang [mailto:[email-masked]]

> Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 10:13 AM

> To: [email-masked]

> Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Comments on draft-dolly-mediactrl-requirements-00

> this sentence express a tightly couple of AS and MS, but I prefer to a

> loose

> request  to media services from one or more media servers.

[RE:] OK

> independent from the transport protocol.

[RE:] OK

> 3、REQ-MCP-19, I don't understand this requirement, the author should let

> us

> know where is it from.

[RE:] This is for auditing purpose - I will clarify

> and receive the results. The script may be in a server or containing in

> the

> control message.

[RE:] I will clarify that the script may already be on the MS

> 5、REQ-MCP-29, some nits, "mange" modify to "manage", "announcements"

> modify

[RE:] OK

> understand it. So, it is better to give a use case.

[RE:] I will expand. The case is that the AS runs the IVR script using multiple interactions with the MS

> 7、REQ-MCP-31, It need to clarify which statuses the MS reports.

[RE:] I think that this should be left to the solution. We did not want to go to specific parameters in the general document.

[RE:] This are not optional. The requirements have to do with MS operation and not wit specific functionality.

> write MRB, not AS. Modify AS to MRB in REQ-MCP-31 and REQ-MCP-32.

[RE:] Maybe I will change to AS or MRB. 

> prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender

> by