Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Framework: Transaction Timeout (again)

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:23:21 -0500

Back in IETF 71 we discussed the Transaction Timeout. This is the  
maximum time between a participant in the transaction issues a  
framework message and it receives a response.

The current (-08) text does not really say anything implementable.  
Given the discussion at IETF 71, how does the following look:

Transaction-Timeout:  the maximum allowed time between a Control  
Client or Server issuing a framework message and receiving a  
corresponding response.  The value for 'Transaction-Timeout' is 5  
seconds.

If what we are really saying in the definitions section is some  
normative text for the Timeout header, let's make it clear and say so.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl