Subject: [MEDIACTRL] draft-sisalem-mediactrl-mrbctrl-00 posted

From: Victor Pascual Avila <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:56:17 +0200

Folks,

A Media Resource Broker has to collect information about the
capabilities of Media Servers as well as be able to monitor the status
of these servers.  This new draft suggests using HTTP/HTTPS in order
to enable the Media Servers to publish their capabilities.  In order
to monitor the status of the Media Servers we suggest using the
mechanisms proposed for exchanging overload information.  By using
mechanisms that the MRB and the Media Servers are expected to be
implementing anyway, the overall implementation complexity of
communication protocols between the MRB and the Media Servers is
minimized.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sisalem-mediactrl-mrbctrl-00

We would appreciate feedback as to whether this is helpful and going
in the right direction, as well as detailed comments.

Cheers,
-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila