Subject: [MEDIACTRL] MRB examples

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:23:47 +0100

Dear all,

I recently completed a prototype of the MRB, and of an AS able to
interact with it by means of all the topologies we envisaged
(IUMM/IAMM/Query). Using them with our prototype MS, I was able to
prepare some scenarios and extract some examples for the MRB doc. This
will also be the source for all the dumps to be added to the call flows
doc accordingly.

This is what Chris and I are thinking to add to the (currently empty)
Examples section in the MRB. Could you give them and look and give us
some feedback? They should cover all the MRB functionality, and thus
give a good idea of how the interfaces are assumed to work at the
current state. In case you're ok with them, they will included in the
final MRB version, which means they'll also be part of any detailed
review the doc will get subsequently.

The examples specifically deal with:

   * publishing.txt: the MRB using the publish interface with the MS
(CFW only, no SIP since we can give that for granted, it's the usual
framework negotiation) in order to get notifications;

   * iamm.txt: the AS using the inline-aware mode with the MRB, by
issuing an INVITE with the multipart/mixed (SDP + MRB Consumer) body;
the MRB handles the MRB request and acts as a 3PCC with the MS; the AS
finally gets a 200 OK with another multipart/mixed body (SDP from MS,
Consumer reply from MRB);

   * query.txt: the AS using the HTTP Consumer Interface to know which
MS it is supposed to talk to (SIP is not included, since it's self
explainatory);

All the files have a ladder diagram summarizing the interaction,
together with the actual flow (just as in the call flows doc, if you're
familiar with it). I've prepared no dump for the IUMM case since it
falls back to the IAMM without the multipart/mixed payload (the AS
thinking the MRB is the actual MS), but we can work on that as well if
anyone think it's useful to have in the doc.

Thanks,
Chris & Lorenzo

-- 
Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>

---

From: "MUNSON, GARY A, ATTLABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 16:56:31 -0500

Hi Lorenzo,

The iamm file only opens as funny examples for me. Any suggestions? The
other two are fine.

Thanks.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Lorenzo Miniero
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:24 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] MRB examples

Dear all,

Thanks,
Chris & Lorenzo