Subject: [MEDIACTRL] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5552 (1994)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:16:39 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5552,
"SIP Interface to VoiceXML Media Services".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5552&eid=1994

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Henry Lum <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.4

Original Text
-------------
session.connection.redirect:  This array is populated by information
      contained in the History-Info [RFC4244] header in the initial
      INVITE or is otherwise undefined.  Each entry (hi-entry) in the
      History-Info header is mapped, in reverse order, into an element
      of the session.connection.redirect array.

Corrected Text
--------------
session.connection.redirect:  This array is populated by information
      contained in the History-Info [RFC4244] header in the initial
      INVITE or is otherwise undefined.  Each entry (hi-entry) in the
      History-Info header is mapped, in order appeared in the History-Info header, into an element of the session.connection.redirect array.

Notes
-----
The elements in the History info header is designed as a tree-like structure from the origination to the destination where each forwarding proxy appends to the end of the header and add an index. The original RFC text requires that the elements to be shown in VXML session.connection.redirect array in reverse order and this is incorrect based on the definition of session.connection.redirect. The first element in the array should be the original called number which maps to index=1 in history-info, and the last element should be the last redirected number which is the last element in history-info.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5552 (draft-ietf-mediactrl-vxml-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : SIP Interface to VoiceXML Media Services
Publication Date    : May 2009
Author(s)           : D. Burke, M. Scott
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Media Server Control
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG