Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Questions for draft-ietd-mediactrl-mixer-control-package

From: "Henry Lum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:33:21 -0800

Hi,

I have a bunch of questions for the mixer control  package:

-          When <destroyconference> is called, what happens to a dialog
that is connected to the conference? It looks like the dialog will
receive a <dialogexit> rather than a <unjoin-notify>, but it's a bit
unclear in the text in section 4.2.1.3.

-          Can conference be destroyed automatically when the last
participant has left (<unjoin>) from the conference? 

-          I see that <conferenceexit> has a status code to timeout a
conference with a maximum duration, is this system specific?

-          Can I add my own audio mixing policy by extending the
<audio-mixing> type attribute? Looks like I can do this with
<video-switch>.

-          When an automatic mixing is applied with <join>, would
<auditresponse> show up as a conference or just a bunch of joins?

-          I find the wording for <stream> direction to be a bit too
much like SDP because the word sendonly implies it's only sending, but
at the same time you can also use another <stream> to reference the
reverse stream with recvonly. I think we should use plain language like
"id1-to-id2", "id2-to-id1", "both", for sendonly, recvonly, and
sendrecv, respectively.

-          For <modifyjoin>, there is one statement that says "It MUST
NOT change the configuration of any streams not included as child
elements.", but then later in the examples part contradicts with this
statement. I actually agree with the example because it's simpler, and
that it means a <modifyjoin> changes the entire configuration of the
existing join and whatever the child elements defined in modifyjoin will
become the new configuration of the join.

-          Section 4.2.2.5.2 - can we simplify the tones attribute with
a default value? For example, the default would be to clamp out all DTMF
tones.

-          Section 4.2.2.5.3 - What is the exact naming of a region? I
see that in this draft it's called 1,2,3.., while in the IVR package it
is called r1.

Thanks

Henry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.