Subject: [MEDIACTRL] some corrections to mrb-04

From: "MUNSON, GARY A, ATTLABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:26:12 -0400

Hi Lorenzo, Chris,

My colleague Bob Epley was reviewing -mrb-04, and we believe the
following are corrections needed:

1)	Section 5.2.3, at the beginning talks about a <session-info> in
the response from MRB, whereas it should be <response-session-info>.
Additionally, there, the <media-server-address> as a child element is
not included, whereas it is included in 5.2.5.1.1. and in the XML schema
as a child element of <response-session-info>. 
2)	Section 5.2.5.1.1 talks about including <response-session-info>
in a response from MRB to an update request, whereas that element should
also be present in a (successful) response to the initial request.
Additionally, 5.2.3 says the <session-response> element MUST be present
in a successful response, whereas in 5.2.5.1.1 it is stated that the
element MAY be present. Can't tell whether those statements conflict, or
at the least the latter needs clarification.
3)	Section 5.2.4.1.1.1 (on <session-info>) and 5.2.5.1.1 (on
<response-session-info>) both talk about a <max-prepared-duration>
element. That doesn't belong and should be replaced with <session-info>
and <response-session-info> statements as appropriate.
4)	The Query example in Section 6.2.1 has the client query
containing a <session-info> element, but this would not be present in an
initial query. In which case it would be useful to clarify in the text
around the example or alternatively that element should be removed from
the message content. And, at any rate, the <session-info> there only
shows one child element, not three. 
5)	The <response-session-info> element in the MRB response message
content in the example in 6.2.1 should include an <expires>.

Cheers,
	
Gary

---

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:28:33 +0200

Hi Gary,

thanks to both you and Bob for your review!
I've corrected all the issues and I'm about to upload the revised
document. I've added a few comments inline as well [LM].

On Thu, 13 May 2010 17:26:12 -0400

> as a child element of <response-session-info>. 

[LM] Fixed, thanks.

> at the least the latter needs clarification.

[LM] You're right, this was ambiguous. The element is optional in
the sense that it would be useless in an error response, since no
session would be created and no related information would be reported.
I've added text to clarify that the element must be present in
successful responses, not needed otherwise.

> and <response-session-info> statements as appropriate.

[LM] A copy/paste leftover, thanks for finding it.

> shows one child element, not three.

[LM] This was wrong, you're right. I've also fixed it in the IAMM
example, which presents the same request carried in SIP.

> content in the example in 6.2.1 should include an <expires>.

[LM] Actually it's there in both examples (Query and IAMM) in the doc
I have. Or are you talking of another section/example?

> Gary

Thanks again!
Lorenzo

-- 
Lorenzo Miniero
Meetecho s.r.l.
http://www.meetecho.com/