Subject: [Medup] Introduction to MEDUP

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 18:49:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

In the following some initial information on this mailing list:

As this list has just been created and advertized, we intend to give folks 
a few days time to subscribe to.

Here some short intro:

   This list is for discussions of enhancements to application protocols
   for decentralized usable privacy.

   RFC 8280 has identified and documented important principles in such as
   Data Minimization, End-to-End and Interoperability in order to enable
   access to Human Rights. While (partial) implementations of these
   concepts are already available, today's applications widely lack
   Privacy support that ordinary users can easily handle.

   In MEDUP these issues are addressed based on Opportunistic Security
   (RFC 7435) principles. Updates/usage clarifications to application
   level protocols such as email and XMPP are in scope.

So far the following Internet-Drafts (I-D) have been published; some have 
already expired (due to the 6-month-lifetime policy for I-Ds); in any 
case, we plan to submit updates of this I-Ds, starting shortly and 
send announements on publication of new I-Ds to this list:

* pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Privacy by Default [update to come soon]
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birk-pep/

* pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Email Formats and Protocols
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marques-pep-email/

* pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Contact and Channel Authentication
   through Handshake
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marques-pep-handshake/

* pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Mapping of Privacy Rating
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marques-pep-rating/

* IANA Registration of Trustword Lists: Guide, Template and IANA
   Considerations [to be updated]
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birk-pep-trustwords/

Have a nice weekend!

so long,
  Bernie et al.

--

http://ucom.ch/
Modern Telephony Solutions and Tech Consulting for Internet Technology