Subject: [Medup] Update (-01) on Key Synchronization Protocol (KeySync)

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 21:46:50 +0100 (CET)

Dear MEDUP List

Please be informed that we have just submitted an update of the I-D 
on Key Synchronization Protocol (KeySync).

    This document describes the pEp KeySync protocol, which is designed
    to perform secure peer-to-peer synchronization of private keys across
    devices belonging to the same user.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01

Among other things, we have also improved the readability and 
explanations thoughout the document.

Don't hesitate to ask questions and submit your feedback to this list.

We will also be around in Singapore.

All the best
  Bernie

---------- Forwarded message ----------

[...]
A new version of I-D, draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Bernie Hoeneisen and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync
Revision:	01
Title:		pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Key Synchronization Protocol (KeySync)
Document date:	2019-10-31
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		55
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01

Abstract:
    This document describes the pEp KeySync protocol, which is designed
    to perform secure peer-to-peer synchronization of private keys across
    devices belonging to the same user.

    Modern users of messaging systems typically have multiple devices for
    communicating, and attempting to use encryption on all of these
    devices often leads to situations where messages cannot be decrypted
    on a given device due to missing private key data.  Current
    approaches to resolve key synchronicity issues are cumbersome and
    potentially unsecure.  The pEp KeySync protocol is designed to
    facilitate this personal key synchronization in a user-friendly
    manner.