Subject: [Medup] Updated Drafts published

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 14:42:49 +0200 (CEST)

Dear MEDUP

Please be informed that we have recently published several updates to the 
drafts on the pEp work, e.g.

  * https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pep-keysync

    This document describes the pEp KeySync protocol, which is designed
    to perform secure peer-to-peer synchronization of private keys across
    devices belonging to the same user.

    Modern users of messaging systems typically have multiple devices for
    communicating, and attempting to use encryption on all of these
    devices often leads to situations where messages cannot be decrypted
    on a given device due to missing private key data.  Current
    approaches to resolve key synchronicity issues are cumbersome and
    potentially insecure.  The pEp KeySync protocol is designed to
    facilitate this personal key synchronization in a user-friendly
    manner.

  * https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pep-email

    This document contains propositions for implementers of Mail User
    Agents (MUAs) seeking to support pretty Easy privacy (pEp)
    specifically for email [RFC5322].  All the propositions of
    [I-D.birk-pep] also apply to pEp for email.

    The purpose of pEp for email is to simplify and automate operations
    in order to make usage of email encryption a viability for a wider
    range of Internet users, with the goal of achieving widespread
    implementation of data confidentiality and privacy practices in the
    real world

Looking forward to your suggestions and comments!

cheers,
  Bernie

--

http://ucom.ch/
Tech Consulting for Internet Technology