Subject: [Medup] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-pep-general-00.txt

From: Hernâni Marques (p≡p foundation) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 20:07:35 +0100

Dear folks

We did update the pEp general draft, which outlines the general 
principles of pEp, renaming it accordingly (so that we have a version 00).

Most changes are for clarifying the pEp principles in various sections 
and, besides that, we did a few terminological changes.

In case of questions, just reach out!

Greets --hernani

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-pep-general-00.txt
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 10:50:52 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>, Hernani Marques 
<[email-masked]>, Volker Birk <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-pep-general-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Bernie Hoeneisen and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-pep-general
Revision:	00
Title:		pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Privacy by Default
Document date:	2022-03-03
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		36
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-pep-general-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pep-general/
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pep-general

Abstract:
    The pretty Easy privacy (pEp) model and protocols describe a set of
    conventions for the automation of operations traditionally seen as
    barriers to the use and deployment of secure, privacy-preserving end-
    to-end messaging.  These include, but are not limited to, key
    management, key discovery, and private key handling (including peer-
    to-peer synchronization of private keys and other user data across
    devices).  Human Rights-enabling principles like Data Minimization,
    End-to-End and Interoperability are explicit design goals.  For the
    goal of usable privacy, pEp introduces means to verify communication
    between peers and proposes a trust-rating system to denote secure
    types of communications and signal the privacy level available on a
    per-user and per-message level.  Significantly, the pEp protocols
    build on already available security formats and message transports
    (e.g., PGP/MIME with email), and are written with the intent to be
    interoperable with already widely-deployed systems in order to ease
    adoption and implementation.  This document outlines the general
    design choices and principles of pEp.

The IETF Secretariat